• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PaulTrillsap

PaulTrillsap

Most Influential Poster of All-Time?

• HN Members
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Kobe alone takes up half the teams salary cap. Just let that sink in, one player from the roster takes up half the salary cap, one player! What if Kobe got a career ending injury or what if he wasn't playing as well as he is now? Nobody expected KB to have the type of season he's currently having, he isn't worth $30M a year. He sells a lot of seats and internationally is the most popular basketball player but $30M is way too much, should be in the 20-24M range. Besides that, Pau is making $19M this year and somewhere between 19-20M next season. Pau is having a horrible season, probably the worst of his career. Why didn't the organization think about stuff like this before giving him the extension? Like did it ever occur to them that Pau won't be as consistent and won't be as affective as previous years? Now they're stuck with his huge contract and that might discontent other teams who might've been interested in Gasol. Pau is making more money then the Miami big 3 individually, and he's like the 8th highest paid player in the league. They've used their entire salary cap on 3 players. If they had made better decisions managing contracts they would've have a much better bench by now.

This has nothing to do with this season but after Bynum's rookie season contract was over they signed him to a 4 year extension. He made $12M in the 09-10 season and averaged 15/8, 10-11 season he made $13M and averaged 11/9. Who decided to give a unproven rookie so much freaking money?

The Lakers as of right now have a combined payroll of $100M, $40M over the cap and the most expensive team in the league. Mike Brown is going to get $11M from the organization and he isn't going to do anything for that money. Unfortunately, the Lakers can afford to make these kind of mistakes. They make more money then every other team and it puts small-market teams at a huge disadvantage. I hope the new CBA that takes place in 2014 stops this kind of stuff. This is one of the reasons why the Lakers are so hated too, they can't win on a even playing field and need 40 extra million dollars to shut their fans up so they can stop complaining about getting eliminated in the second round. And even with all these advantages they get, they still struggle.
  • ISOMELO, LeBron Said™ and Carolina Panthers like this

I'm LeBron Jamesufdup.png you a fukking rookie pacspit.gif

#2 OFFLINE   LeBron Said™

LeBron Said™

Honey

• HN Members
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Told um.
  • Jan_Sobieski™ likes this

- credits to Ramon

bep3MLC.png
.Who am I? Lord Flacko. Painting vivid pictures call me Basquiat or Picasso. Capo head hancho now my followin's colossal,
Ain't no boxer Paquiao, but chopper todo caso. - A$AP Rocky

#3 OFFLINE   PaulTrillsap

PaulTrillsap

• HN Members
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

:Troll:

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 23,123 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

That's called justice.

You have a team that is rich AF and makes all the fancy signings and trades... and they end up being a sub-.500.
:cool:

Being $40m over the cap is pathetic.

About Kobe though, although value-wise he doesn't deserve that money (hell, not even LBJ deserves that much), he's the main reason for the Lakers' huge income.
But yeah, both his and Pau's salaries are way too high. Especially with Pau playing like that, they're fcked and stacked with his Boozer (=bad) contract.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   SportsFan93

SportsFan93

Frank Cornelius Jr. aka THE BOAT

• HN Members
  • 19,578 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

And?????????

Lakers are filthy rich from that tv contract. Even with all these bad contracts, they're super profitable every year.

#6 OFFLINE   Pusha Key

Pusha Key

• HN Members
  • 12,461 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

If i were to post what i wanted to here, i would get banned again. So i'll just say Lakers organization is wayy to lenient with their money

#7 OFFLINE   Jan_Sobieski™

Jan_Sobieski™

#Polish- Slavic Swag

• HN Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

I aint sad. Management has had a free ride for long enough now is the time for them to go through 2007 again.

You never put a limit onto the Citizens.

melo-and-the-wonderful-knicks1.gif

#8 OFFLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

YOU REACH. I TEACH.

• HN Members
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

POPULAR

This is pretty much the least thought out summary I've read in a while.

I love how you like to claim not to be a Laker/Kobe hater and the media blah blah blah kobe... blah blah overrated... Yet you make poor observations with no research. It's hater writing.

If this is thought out... yeesh... you need to rethink your logic. You have multiple hindsight comments as your points... which makes no sense.

In everything you're complaining about you're overlooking three championship Finals appearances, the development of a center that became valuable enough to acquire the "best" center in the league. A trade for Chris Paul that if the Hornets were owned by an actual owner and not the NBA would given the Lakers the best PG in t he league. A PF that had helped the Lakers win two titles and was the big piece in acquiring Chris Paul...

Then the Kobe stuff.... SMH... not worth his contract? You do know that the NBA is a business? Right? The millions he brings into the door outweighs the well thought out point of "he isn't worth $30M a year." When you discredit your own point in the following sentence

"He sells a lot of seats and internationally is the most popular basketball player"

You no likey logic? How valuable is Dirk? Joe Johnson? KG? Iverson? Tracy McGrady? You know guys that entered the league at the same time or after Kobe, that are shells of their former selves or not even in the league anymore?

Stop it dude... If you had just put, Jim Buss is an idiot for not hiring Phil Jackson back, it would've been more effective than the me reading the junk you just wrote.

I got your Laker Hater ticket right here.

Get in line.
  • Flash D3, The Logo, Abdul™ and 3 others like this

ZSMLiso.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
Mark Twain

#9 OFFLINE   Abdul™

Abdul™

I ain't a killer but don't push me

• HN Members
  • 8,417 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

That's called justice.

You have a team that is rich AF and makes all the fancy signings and trades... and they end up being a sub-.500.
:cool:

Being $40m over the cap is pathetic.

About Kobe though, although value-wise he doesn't deserve that money (hell, not even LBJ deserves that much), he's the main reason for the Lakers' huge income.
But yeah, both his and Pau's salaries are way too high. Especially with Pau playing like that, they're fcked and stacked with his Boozer (=bad) contract.

We are not fcked. Kobe and Gasol's contracts will be up by 2014, the year where there will be a great free agency. Kobe says he will retire when the contract is up so he won't be back, I doubt Gasol will be resigned with his decline, so thats about 50m cleared up. Then we have MWP and Steve Blake's contracts ending by 2014 also. The only players we will have signed in 2014 is Nash(if he doesnt retire), and Dwight if we resign him. We'll have enough cap to offer 2 max contracts and build around Dwight. So yeah we are not fcked and the Lakers have been planning this for the past couple of years, they know what they're doing.

#10 OFFLINE   Tony

Tony

50 Greatest Posters in H-N History

• HN Members
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

When Kobe, Gasol contracts ends this team will be able to still be competitive and a contender. With the money they could at least sign a superstar and potential talented players.

#11 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 23,123 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

We are not fcked. Kobe and Gasol's contracts will be up by 2014, the year where there will be a great free agency. Kobe says he will retire when the contract is up so he won't be back, I doubt Gasol will be resigned with his decline, so thats about 50m cleared up. Then we have MWP and Steve Blake's contracts ending by 2014 also. The only players we will have signed in 2014 is Nash(if he doesnt retire), and Dwight if we resign him. We'll have enough cap to offer 2 max contracts and build around Dwight. So yeah we are not fcked and the Lakers have been planning this for the past couple of years, they know what they're doing.

I mean that you can' trade Pau and that you have to wait till his contract expires. Right now, you can't do nothing with that contract. That's what I meant.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   PaulTrillsap

PaulTrillsap

• HN Members
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

This is pretty much the least thought out summary I've read in a while.

I love how you like to claim not to be a Laker/Kobe hater and the media blah blah blah kobe... blah blah overrated... Yet you make poor observations with no research. It's hater writing.

If this is thought out... yeesh... you need to rethink your logic. You have multiple hindsight comments as your points... which makes no sense.

In everything you're complaining about you're overlooking three championship Finals appearances, the development of a center that became valuable enough to acquire the "best" center in the league. A trade for Chris Paul that if the Hornets were owned by an actual owner and not the NBA would given the Lakers the best PG in t he league. A PF that had helped the Lakers win two titles and was the big piece in acquiring Chris Paul...

Then the Kobe stuff.... SMH... not worth his contract? You do know that the NBA is a business? Right? The millions he brings into the door outweighs the well thought out point of "he isn't worth $30M a year." When you discredit your own point in the following sentence

"He sells a lot of seats and internationally is the most popular basketball player"

You no likey logic? How valuable is Dirk? Joe Johnson? KG? Iverson? Tracy McGrady? You know guys that entered the league at the same time or after Kobe, that are shells of their former selves or not even in the league anymore?

Stop it dude... If you had just put, Jim Buss is an idiot for not hiring Phil Jackson back, it would've been more effective than the me reading the junk you just wrote.

I got your Laker Hater ticket right here.

Get in line.

Yeah it worked out for them for 2 years and they won titles, hows it working out for them the past 2 years? You keep talking about the past but don't mention anything about their current situation. They're 40M over the cap and don't have the money to acquire consistent role players. They're stuck with pau's huge contract and stuck with artest and blake for 2 more seasons. And what might not make sense to you makes sense to somebody else. You think giving pau that extension was the right thing? So your pretty much saying your happy with how they've managed salaries? Yeah bynum eventually grew as a player to the point where that contract made sense. You know he didn't deserve that kind of money from 09-11

#13 OFFLINE   Savage™

Savage™

http://mastakushhoe.tumblr.com/

• HN Members
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Lakers have always thrown money around like it was nothing... Its never really been a problem for them considering theyre in LA and theyre the Lakers

GhwRkYX.gif?1

"I thought school was wack, being cool was wack/And niggas thought I was cool, how cool is that?"

#14 ONLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• HN Members
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yeah it worked out for them for 2 years and they won titles, hows it working out for them the past 2 years? You keep talking about the past but don't mention anything about their current situation. They're 40M over the cap and don't have the money to acquire consistent role players. They're stuck with pau's huge contract and stuck with artest and blake for 2 more seasons. And what might not make sense to you makes sense to somebody else. You think giving pau that extension was the right thing? So your pretty much saying your happy with how they've managed salaries? Yeah bynum eventually grew as a player to the point where that contract made sense. You know he didn't deserve that kind of money from 09-11

many nba franchises would give those shitty contracts and all that for 2 championships

#15 OFFLINE   LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Chicano

• HN Members
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

In LA they just like to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29805413-funny-.gif

bImpO.gif

#16 OFFLINE   Kleeps

Kleeps

Intern

• HN Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

They have a massive TV contract. They can afford it.

lebron-james-photobomb-o.gif

#17 OFFLINE   Toni Productions

Toni Productions

Rookie

• Mix Makers
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

I don't know why is that a problem for them, the have money...

6551dc1d3353abd407b0b7428a0ef.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users