Photo

Trade Idea: Lakers/Raptors/Wolves (Gasol on the move)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SportsFan93

SportsFan93

Frank Cornelius Jr. aka THE BOAT

• Members
  • 19,584 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

This trade is all about making all three teams better.

Posted Image

Lakers benefit because Bargnani fits their system as a PF, Kleiza can stretch the floor as their SF, and Barea can do work off the bench by using his great pick and roll skills to cause havoc for opposing 2nd units. If Lakers fans are clamoring for Ryan Anderson, why not acquire Bargnani, who does everything better? While the Lakers do trade Gasol and yes Bargnani is injured, they can play Hill or Jamison at PF till he returns and make Dwight feel even more comfortable in LA, getting more touches. Oh, and the cherry on top, here is that the Lakers get Derrick Williams. He can either play the 3/4 for them and might play depending on D'Antoni. If anything, he's a great prospect they can utilize. Lakers 2014 cap room is hurt but honestly the Lakers have to do something if they wanna keep Howard.

Raptors ditch Bargnani and Calderon who don't really fit their squad and get two players who do in Gasol and Blake. For now, Gasol can start at the 4/5 with Jonas/Davis at the 4/5. This trade does affect cap room for 2013 FA but the Raptors weren't going to sign any marquee names, anyways.

Wolves get a PG they sorely need in Calderon+2013 cap room. With Rubio being injured on and off, all season, it was key to solidify the position. With Williams' value reeling, and Barea never fitting in Minnesota, this trade makes total sense.

So, there you have it.

A trade that benefits all sides. Truly rare in the NBA.

Lakers new line-up
PG: Nash
SG: Kobe
SF: Williams?
PF: Bargnani
C: Howard

Raptors new line-up
PG: Lowry
SG: DeRozan
SF: Ross
PF: Gasol
C: Jonas

Wolves new line-up
PG: Calderon/Rubio
SG: Shved
SF: AK47
PF: Love
C: Pek

• Tony Hoops likes this

#2 OFFLINE   Tony Hoops

Tony Hoops

West like Jerry

• Owner
  • 15,503 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'd do it for the sake of getting rid of Pau and getting a bit more athletic.. but Bargs would be a huge gamble, and is just as soft!
  • Rog likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

I rather have Calderon with the Lakers but Barea is not bad either. He can score the ball and an excellent 3PT shooter. Exactly what the Lakers need. I'm not a big fan of Bargnani, Williams or Kleiza. I'm happy with the core Lakers have right now. They just need one more piece. A piece that will finish this puzzle. But it's taking so much time...

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#4 OFFLINE   SportsFan93

SportsFan93

Frank Cornelius Jr. aka THE BOAT

• Members
  • 19,584 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

I'd do it for the sake of getting rid of Pau and getting a bit more athletic.. but Bargs would be a huge gamble, and is just as soft!

Bargs is softer, but can shoot way better and plays well off of the pick and pop. Nash would connect, well, with him. In addition, he'd help court spacing, immensely.

#5 OFFLINE   Tony Hoops

Tony Hoops

West like Jerry

• Owner
  • 15,503 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

I rather have Calderon with the Lakers but Barea is not bad either. He can score the ball and an excellent 3PT shooter. Exactly what the Lakers need. I'm not a big fan of Bargnani, Williams or Kleiza. I'm happy with the core Lakers have right now. They just need one more piece. A piece that will finish this puzzle. But it's taking so much time...

We need to somehow flip Blake and Jamison into Trevor Ariza or someone similar to him!

#6 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

We need to somehow flip Blake and Jamison into Trevor Ariza or someone similar to him!

Exactly. We need a player like Ariza. He does so much.

To the trade now, so i rather have Amir Johnson than Barg. So this was the trade i came up with. It's the same just changed some players around.

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=al9d3k7

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#7 ONLINE   Nowitzness

Nowitzness

Gamer

• Members
  • 7,871 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Damn lakers rape the timberwolves. They give up A good youngster in Derrick Williams and get Jose Calderon? Actually that might strangely work. Timberwolves get a good point guard. Lakers get some decent talent and Toronto gets ehh a risk in Pau gasol. Would be interesting idea for a trade but I doubt anyone will accept.

#8 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

I was expecting Kevin Love to the Lakers. :laugh:

dxmuN.jpg

#9 ONLINE   Sean

Sean

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,732 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Twolves would probably be the best passing team in the nba after. Not sure if they'd give up barea and williams for him though. Raptors get a good big men who needs a new home. I think he can teach Valuncuinas and Davis. The lakers of course probably get the best of this deal. Derrick Williams still could be something if he's moved to a different team. Bargnani could help spread the floor and give more space to howard and would do well with nash. And they get two solid role players with Barea and Kleiza

#10 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,976 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Jose Calderon >>>>

so I don't know...

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#11 OFFLINE   TDot

TDot

Chance

• Members
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Ross won't be starting..at least not yet.

2j3mhpt.gifFAT SHIT GANG2j3mhpt.gif

#12 ONLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• Members
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Ross won't be starting..at least not yet.

what does that have to do with the trade?

Also the Wolves probly wouldn't do it and the Lakers might do it

#13 OFFLINE   TDot

TDot

Chance

• Members
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

what does that have to do with the trade?

Also the Wolves probly wouldn't do it and the Lakers might do it

He said Ross would've been starting..

#14 ONLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• Members
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

He said Ross would've been starting..

wtf I just realized that

#15 OFFLINE   TDot

TDot

Chance

• Members
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

wtf I just realized that

Thenw hy the [expletive deleted] did you yell at me?

#16 OFFLINE   Abdul™

Abdul™

I ain't a killer but don't push me

• Members
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

No. We need to trade Gasol for someone who plays defense. Gasol's poor defense has cost us games and replacing him with even worst defenders isn't going to help. I would love to have Barea though.
  • Kobes 5th Ring likes this

#17 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

I rather have Gasol than Bargnani. Gasol is a good all-around player. Bargnani can only score and he is incosistent. He can't rebound and pass like Pau.

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#18 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 17,905 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

If there's any package for Pau Gasol I'd want depth back for him. This is a good trade for us. We get a good backup PG in Barea, a young prospect in Derrick Williams who could excel in the D'Antoni system and Bargnani who's a lousy rebounder and defender but can spread the floor. I also like the trade for Minnelsta since they get a good backup point guard and a quality starting point guard in Calderon. Also Toronto gets a good big in Gasol and a below average point guard in Blake.

#19 OFFLINE   DJ.

DJ.

Hey

• Members
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

It's alright.
GSL:INDIANA PACERS GM!

#20 OFFLINE   Raza 10

Raza 10

Purrrr

• Members
  • 7,823 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hi, I'm a Laker fan. Pau Gasol is soft, doesn't rebound, and can't play defense. We need to trade him for somebody who isn't soft, can rebound, and play defense.
LET'S GET ANDREA BARGNANI.

...what?

I kid, I kid.
not really

Lakers win easy, like most Laker trades we see..maybe since the Raptors want to get rid of Barg and Calderon, they'll accept getting ripped off by shipping them + Kleiza for Gasol and a place-mat I MEAN STEVE BLAKE. The T-Wolves don't really use Derrick Williams and JJ Barea as much as they should, but shipping out two players with potential (one being the former second pick) for Calderon? Rubio will eventually be healthy and I don't see a Rubio/Ridnour/Calderon guard rotation working out very well with everybody being happy. Especially if it turns Calderon into a 3rd string PG or a 2nd string SG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users