Photo

Is James Harden an elite shooting guard or is he just an above average shooting gaurd?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Another 3 pointer!?™®

Another 3 pointer!?™®

Iluminati™ Enforcer

• HN Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Last year as the OKC Thunders' 6th man he was averaging 16.8 points 3.7 assists and 4.1 rebounds per game with the occasional 30+ game and the 1-2 40+ game. Now that he's in the Rockets he's averaging 26.1 points 5.2 assist and 4.4 rebounds ( a very significant increase)

Is he a legit superstar/star? Or is he just another Iguadala (an above average SG)?

BQ: Where can I find a picture thats actually 500 x 200?

Miami Heat Anthem

#2 ONLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Never question the heart of an all time great

• 16,194 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I don't see how you couldn't call James Harden an elite shooting guard now. He's going to be the star of the franchise for Houston for the next few years and I think he'll be able to average 27/5/5 in his prime. That's definitely elite production IMO.
  • Nashty likes this

oldtimers.png

HNL: Bulls GM

S2: 20-62 | S3: 51-31 (Lost to Braves 4-3 in Semi Finals; GMOY) | S3: 52-30 (Lost to 76ers 4-3 in First Round) | S4: 28-16

#3 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 23,115 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Whoever -might- says that he's an average SG has to be crazy to be honest.

The question is: Is he/can he become, a superstar?
The guy is a two-way player, killer scorer (the best at getting to the line), great court vision and passing for his position and very good defender.

But we have to see his leadership to decide.

The guy is elite.
I don't really like him (I hate that freakin' beard!), but I give credit where credit is due.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#4 ONLINE   Shana

Shana

Paige

• 6,349 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Guy was seriously overshadowed by Westbrook and Durant. He is elite in my mind. Guys the number 1 option for the first time in his career. Can't wait to see how he finishes the year

iHHNscxJ0Oewi.gifikyMvRibtfH11.gif

There isnt a person on this planet who should let a past nightmare dictate or cloud there future dreams - CM Punk

#5 OFFLINE   Jan_Sobieski™

Jan_Sobieski™

#Polish- Slavic Swag

• HN Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Dude is one of the best in the league. Got to be stupid to say he is not.

You never put a limit onto the Citizens.

melo-and-the-wonderful-knicks1.gif

#6 OFFLINE   Ace I

Ace I

H.N.I.C.

• HN Members
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

He is elite. The way he's played in Houston this season has been amazing. He was overshadowed by Westbrook and Durant in OKC. Harden bought as much to that team as the others did. True enough he didn't play well in the Finals but then again. Nobody on OKC's side really did. Besides that 44 pt game from Westbrook and of course KD. Now back to Harden, I say in 2-3 Years, He'll be the best SG in the league, even if Kobe and D-Wade is still playing by then. Harden seems to have the entire package, he can shoot, defend and pass the ball. Houston seem like a great place for Harden because the Rockets are still developing talent and Linsanity has died down apparently, so Harden took advantage of it, or like i said, was because he was overlooked in OKC and if Houston put a couple more pieces in, maybe gather a good free agent in the summer. The Rockets can be contenders in a couple years.
  • Another 3 pointer!?™® likes this

rickrossdrink.gif

.                                                                                HNL Minnesota Timberwolves GM

PSN: Ace_Rager97

#7 OFFLINE   Nashty

Nashty

Suit up!

• HN Members
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

If averaging 27/5/5 on 46% shooting ( which is what Kobe has averaged through most of his prime years) is not elite, then I don't know what elite is to you.
  • Kleeps likes this

lYLRK.jpg BpgYi.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   Sportsguy9695

Sportsguy9695

Role Player

• HN Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

I would say he is not elite yet. I think Elite are the names like James, Bryant, Durant, cp3. I think he is really close to being elite but not yet

#9 ONLINE   Dash

Dash

Ruining Jordan's career in GSL one season at a time.

• HN Members
  • 10,255 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Superstar.

#10 OFFLINE   Void

Void

Superstar

• HN Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I think he is elite. There's only like 5 guys in the league averaging 25+ PPG, and Harden is one of them. They are a playoff team and he's probably the second best SG in the league.

#11 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• HN Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Straight out superstar.Good defender,lethal scorer,good playmaker...hate the beard love the guy

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#12 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• HN Members
  • 26,278 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Not a superstar but elite for sure

#13 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 24,129 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Noticed that you are from Y/A probably.

No need to put NBA in the titles of your topics. Just go to General NBA and post a topic e.g Is Carmelo the best scorer in the league?.

tumblr_n14mx0Ho7J1qbqbieo2_400.gif

#14 OFFLINE   Tony Hoops

Tony Hoops

West like Jerry

• Owner
  • 14,498 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Elite, no doubt about it. His stats don't lie! James Harden isn't just an elite scorer, he's also an extremely well rounded basketball player. He has an amazing basketball IQ, makes the right decisions, and is an underrated playmaker as well!

#15 OFFLINE   DJ.

DJ.

Hey

• HN Members
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

he is elite for sure
GSL:INDIANA PACERS GM!

#16 OFFLINE   Another 3 pointer!?™®

Another 3 pointer!?™®

Iluminati™ Enforcer

• HN Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Noticed that you are from Y/A probably.

No need to put NBA in the titles of your topics. Just go to General NBA and post a topic e.g Is Carmelo the best scorer in the league?.

Its a habit :S

Miami Heat Anthem

#17 OFFLINE   Another 3 pointer!?™®

Another 3 pointer!?™®

Iluminati™ Enforcer

• HN Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

If averaging 27/5/5 on 46% shooting ( which is what Kobe has averaged through most of his prime years) is not elite, then I don't know what elite is to you.

He's like the only option on his team though :P I consider him in the middle between 'above average' and 'superstar'. Give him 2 more years and he'll be the the top SG in the Western Conference.

Miami Heat Anthem

#18 OFFLINE   Tony Hoops

Tony Hoops

West like Jerry

• Owner
  • 14,498 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

He's like the only option on his team though :P I consider him in the middle between 'above average' and 'superstar'. Give him 2 more years and he'll be the the top SG in the Western Conference.

Well, as the only option on his team, he's lead his Rockets to 20-14 record so far. That's pretty impressive if you ask me!
  • Nashty likes this

#19 OFFLINE   Another 3 pointer!?™®

Another 3 pointer!?™®

Iluminati™ Enforcer

• HN Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Well, as the only option on his team, he's lead his Rockets to 20-14 record so far. That's pretty impressive if you ask me!

You got me there Koby, you got me there,.. :banghead:
  • Tony Hoops likes this

Miami Heat Anthem

#20 ONLINE   Dash

Dash

Ruining Jordan's career in GSL one season at a time.

• HN Members
  • 10,255 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Not a superstar but elite for sure

Ben hush

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users