Photo

Bigger ballhog: Kobe Bryant or Carmelo Anthony?

52 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

the way i see it, it's not ball-hogging if it goes in. and last time i checked, melo has a higher FG%. kobe may average more points but, how many shots does he have to miss before he gets to 25?

It's not just about your % though.

When a player (Melo) gets the ball and all he thinks about is shooting that's ball hogging. When your assists average is that bad, doesn't help your case as a non-ballhog either.
Melo takes some ridiculously bad shot attempts. The fact that he makes most of them, doesn't mean that he made the correct decision. He freezes Knicks' offense so many times as when he takes the ball he goes for the iso play.

And btw, Melo started the season red hot, but as we go more into the season, his %s go down and down.

MJ was probably a ball hog as well at times. Although, he not only was arguably the GOAT scorer, but he was passing the ball as well and his decision making was on another level. Ball hogging is not always bad - it just depends on more things than just FG%.
  • Young Gee likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#42 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

It's def. Kobe...He avg. more aist only because he has the ball in his hands all of the damn time...Melo has small amount of asists because this year especially he has more of a catch and shoot role or he is in the post...And Kobe when he gets the rock he ain't letting go...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#43 ONLINE   Moe

Moe

#PrayForLebanon

• Members
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Kobe

#44 ONLINE   Rog

Rog

Pls Don't Jump off a Bridge

• Administrators
  • 19,091 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

i stand corrected. even though melo's career fg% is higher, it's not by much. but kobe still has more teammates on record who complain about his shot-jacking. kobe may not be the bigger ball hog when you look at the numbers, but he definitely sells it with his attitude.

And he has 5 titles compared to zero for Carmelo, so his attitude is completely justified in that.

Neither to me are ball hogs this year, they are doing what they can to win games, one has players helping, the other doesn't.

tumblr_mmuxy9p0aF1qf3z6fo1_500.gif

DRUNK-CMONEY$$$: because Rog switched Big Bird to PF and then he shot 10%. Donny. that wrecked my shit. 

#45 OFFLINE   Bob Loves Ariana

Bob Loves Ariana

God Oh God

• Members
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

It's undoubtedly Kobe, neither are the biggest ballhogs in the league, but looking at Kobe those assists are very deceptive. A great portion of his assists come from the first quarter, that way he gets that stat out of the way and can work scoring the rest of the game. That, and Kobe has the ball in his hands more from what I see, as well as having better players around him, atleast offensively.
  • sm30 likes this
Posted Image

#46 OFFLINE   sm30

sm30

ROCK STAR

• Members
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

And he has 5 titles compared to zero for Carmelo, so his attitude is completely justified in that.

Neither to me are ball hogs this year, they are doing what they can to win games, one has players helping, the other doesn't.

5 titles thanks to a lot of help. have you seen kobe's shooting % in the finals? it drops below his own average. great players great players should raise their level of performance during big games. so how does a team accomplishment justify a bad attitude? bill russell has more rings than anyone, and his attitude was never as bad as kobe's.

but i do commend kobe for leading the league in scoring this year, and doing so in one of his most efficient seasons.

#47 OFFLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• Members
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

5 titles thanks to a lot of help. have you seen kobe's shooting % in the finals? it drops below his own average. great players great players should raise their level of performance during big games. so how does a team accomplishment justify a bad attitude? bill russell has more rings than anyone, and his attitude was never as bad as kobe's.

but i do commend kobe for leading the league in scoring this year, and doing so in one of his most efficient seasons.

I don't know why people are talking about kobes attitude for this year though. And I think he meant that Kobe has proved he can still win rings with a bad attitude.

#48 OFFLINE   sm30

sm30

ROCK STAR

• Members
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I don't know why people are talking about kobes attitude for this year though. And I think he meant that Kobe has proved he can still win rings with a bad attitude.

yeah, with a dominant big man, legendary coach, genius gm, and billionaire owner. you can win a title with any attitude you want. honestly speaking, if kobe was on a team whose front office wasn't as dedicated as the lakers' he wouldn't have 5 titles.
  • WrongIslander 2.0 likes this

#49 ONLINE   Rog

Rog

• Administrators
  • 19,091 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

yeah, with a dominant big man, legendary coach, genius gm, and billionaire owner. you can win a title with any attitude you want. honestly speaking, if kobe was on a team whose front office wasn't as dedicated as the lakers' he wouldn't have 5 titles.

John Stockton had each of those you just mentioned, and a great attitude, but never won a title. Explain that.

DRUNK-CMONEY$$$: because Rog switched Big Bird to PF and then he shot 10%. Donny. that wrecked my shit. 

#50 OFFLINE   sm30

sm30

ROCK STAR

• Members
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

John Stockton had each of those you just mentioned, and a great attitude, but never won a title. Explain that.

jordan's bulls? haha! the jazz had a great gm and owner, but they didn't have the boost of being in a big market to buy titles.

#51 ONLINE   Rog

Rog

• Administrators
  • 19,091 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

jordan's bulls? haha! the jazz had a great gm and owner, but they didn't have the boost of being in a big market to buy titles.

How did the Lakers "buy" titles. We traded for Kobe and got Shaq sure, but Karl Malone and Stockton and Hornacek were all on that roster, so its not like they had to buy titles, just win the close ones.

#52 OFFLINE   sm30

sm30

ROCK STAR

• Members
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

How did the Lakers "buy" titles. We traded for Kobe and got Shaq sure, but Karl Malone and Stockton and Hornacek were all on that roster, so its not like they had to buy titles, just win the close ones.

haha! alright, fair enough.

#53 ONLINE   Moe

Moe

#PrayForLebanon

• Members
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Two words. Michael Jordan.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users