Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trade Idea: Lakers Celtics Kings trade

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Saw it on an NBA page... could be a good trade imo (It's a suggestion trade)

Celtics Get: Francisco Garcia and DeMarcus Cousins.

Kings Get: Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry, Jared Sullinger, and two future first round picks from the Celtics.

Lakers Get: Marcus Thornton, Chuck Hayes, Thomas Robinson, and Aaron Brooks.

Celtics Weakness: Frontcourt Athleticism

Kings Weakness: Unbalanced Roster

Lakers Weakness: Lack of Bench Depth

If this trade was to go through, every team 'weakness' will be gone.

Posted · Report post

I actually do think this could help all teams.... but the Celtics better not trade Jason Terry. I bought tickets to the Mavericks vs Celtics game in March specifically because I wanted to see Terry's return back to Dallas. He's my favorite player of all time and I would be pissed if I didn't get to see him :( And that'd be messed up if the C's traded him because Terry got a freakin' tattoo of the Celtics logo on his arm when he signed with them lol

Posted · Report post

For neither team this trade is ideal.

Celtics: Lose three important player of the rotation (two starters) but they get an -arguably- franchise player

Kings: Lose their only hope for the future and get four very good players (well, Sullinger is just good) and two picks but two of the four are old

Lakers: They actually don't replace Pau with the desirable PF who stretches the floor although they get some young talent that improve their bench

The biggest question here is whether the Kings would want this. It wouldn't be a crazy idea though. Better than many trade rumours we've heard so far.

Posted · Report post

Kings get owned in this trade. It's pretty creative though! Would definitely make LAL more deep, but doesn't necessarily solve our PF problem.

Posted · Report post

Brooks and Thornton could be good scorers off the bench but neither play defense.

Hayes sucks and Robinson looks like a bust.

I don't like it, we need to get a decent defensive big in exchange for Gasol alongside a solid bench player or two.

Posted · Report post

Eh, I'd be fine with that trade. Get a good hustle player in Chuck Hayes, a good scorer off he bench in Thornton, a speedy point guard in Aaron Brooks who could fill in the PG hole once Nash's contract is up and a prospect in Thomas Robinson. I'm not sure if Sacramento would do that trade though.

Posted · Report post

As a celtics fan I would happily see this go down. The celtics need what Cousins brings to the table more then every right now.

Posted · Report post

Cousins isn't leaving.

It's not a difficult thing to understand. I don't remember seeing any other player get this much attention over a couple of bullshit empty rumours that have been shot down by every single source involved.

Saint Nick C likes this