Photo

Will Carmelo Anthony ever Take a lead over Kobe in Scoring this Year ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lil Kyrie™

Lil Kyrie™

New York Knicks 2012-2013

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Both Carmelo and Bryant have been playing amazing . For Bryant he's been playing one of his best seasons ever , what makes it even more outstanding is that he's able to give us NBA fans this style of play at the age of 34 . Despite his success on the offensive side it has not reflected enough on his teams behalf . On the other hand Carmelo has improved a lot from his woes last season where averaged his lowest in scoring since entering the NBA . His success has helped carry the Knicks to a half game behind the defending champs .

Posted ImageHNL SUNS GM

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Sadly, it'll be between those two. They're close, so, maybe.

Damn, evertime a player takes scoring title for three times in a row, something happens and he doesn't do it another time in a row!
Only Wilt and MJ have done so.

Hail KD!

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Flip

Flip

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

I think it'll definitely come down to the wire.
Melo will probably take it because Kobe might sit his ass out for the last few games and lose the scoring title, like he did last season.

#4 ONLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

EYE KEEL U!

• Members
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I would love for Kobe to drop to around 25 a game.

What he's doing at his age is impressive... but I'd like the offense to move around. I'd especially like one of the best shooters ever (Nash) to start putting up more shots. I think it would help tremendously that Stevie made himself more of a scoring threat.

Mike D has to also allow Gasol more chances to score down low. All this elbow jumpers and 19 ft from the rim stuff is just dumb.

Anthony is a machine right now and just has so much clicking. He's abusing teams inside and out. He is not a youngin' anymore, but he's young enough that him keeping up for the whole season is more realistic than Kobe's 30 per game lasting 82 games. I don't think Melo' has been as in sync with his total game as he is now.

It does look like it could come down to the wire. But I'm hoping Kobe numbers go down because his teammates step up.

• Lil Kyrie™ and Nashty like this

atbgif.gif

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities. - Bruce Lee

#5 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 34,036 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

It's probably going to be Melo considering Kobe will have his points per game drop down a bit after the team totally meshes up and finally plays together. You'll see more ppg from Dwight, Gasol, Nash and the rest of the squad.

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#6 ONLINE   Nashty

Nashty

The Flame Alchemist

• Members
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

I would love for Kobe to drop to around 25 a game.

What he's doing at his age is impressive... but I'd like the offense to move around. I'd especially like one of the best shooters ever (Nash) to start putting up more shots. I think it would help tremendously that Stevie made himself more of a scoring threat.

Mike D has to also allow Gasol more chances to score down low. All this elbow jumpers and 19 ft from the rim stuff is just dumb.

Anthony is a machine right now and just has so much clicking. He's abusing teams inside and out. He is not a youngin' anymore, but he's young enough that him keeping up for the whole season is more realistic than Kobe's 30 per game lasting 82 games. I don't think Melo' has been as in sync with his total game as he is now.

It does look like it could come down to the wire. But I'm hoping Kobe numbers go down because his teammates step up.

Its refreshing to see real Laker fans here instead of Kobe homers.
  • Lil Kyrie™ likes this

tumblr_neccwiz2Ls1tqr13po1_500.gif

tumblr_nfb1hkAhHp1u33xt0o1_500.gif

#7 OFFLINE   KKinsey

KKinsey

MVP

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

No Kobe shoots too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users