Photo

Is this finally the year when Tim Duncan wins his first Defensive Player Of The Year award?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 27,266 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

?
  • Saint Nick C likes this

#2 OFFLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,423 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

No I don't see it. He's declined from his peak form.

But he deserves it. Spurs are 4th in DRtg with kind of poor defensive talent and he's killing it leading the team in DWS by far.

#3 ONLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

EYE KEEL U!

• Members
  • 8,351 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

That would be hilarious...

I don't mean that in a negative way. Just that one of the best defenders ever finally getting it this stage of his career. He is still such a solid and consistent defender... his own Drtg is leading or tied for best in the league.

But I don't think he'll get it now. I don't think it matters really. He has so many All-D first teams and known through the league as a top notch defender that it would be like a life-time achievement award really... he's won basically everything that's really important to fans and pundits.

atbgif.gif

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities. - Bruce Lee

#4 ONLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 27,266 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

That would be hilarious...

I don't mean that in a negative way. Just that one of the best defenders ever finally getting it this stage of his career. He is still such a solid and consistent defender... his own Drtg is leading or tied for best in the league.

But I don't think he'll get it now. I don't think it matters really. He has so many All-D first teams and known through the league as a top notch defender that it would be like a life-time achievement award really... he's won basically everything that's really important to fans and pundits.

It'd be funny for Duncan to win the award now.. and let's say not in 03 or something.

#5 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

To be honest, I don't really see anyone deserving it more this season.

It would surprise me though if they give it to a mid 30s player.
But like I said, I think he deserves it more than anyone right now.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#6 ONLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

EYE KEEL U!

• Members
  • 8,351 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

It'd be funny for Duncan to win the award now.. and let's say not in 03 or something.

He's deserved it many times.

I dunno why he didn't get it before. TBH... I totally forgot that he never won one. I was sure when I read yer post (no offense, because I know you know yer' stuff) that you were mistaken. I had to look it up haha!

Weird he never won DPOTY before.
  • The Future likes this

atbgif.gif

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities. - Bruce Lee

#7 ONLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 27,266 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

I dunno why he didn't get it before. TBH... I totally forgot that he never won one. I was sure when I read yer post (no offense, because I know you know yer' stuff) that you were mistaken. I had to look it up haha!

None taken.

I think this may be the year that Duncan wins one... because a)he's been real good and b)they robbed him of one in the previous years.. also c)none other really stands out... Dwight is having an average year... Larry Sanders is a candidate though in a race with Timmy...

#8 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

None taken.

I think this may be the year that Duncan wins one... because a)he's been real good and b)they robbed him of one in the previous years.. also c)none other really stands out... Dwight is having an average year... Larry Sanders is a candidate though in a race with Timmy...

Nah, don't think so.

He's like Ibaka cuz he's great shot blocker but he doesn't have the impact of other players in the league and he plays very few minutes.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Team Player

Team Player

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

He'll go down with Scottie Pippen as the best defender to never win the award.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users