Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Kind Of Potential Does Derrick Williams Have?

0 posts in this topic

Posted

What kind of pick does Derrick Williams, the former #2 NBA draft pick, have? Will he develop into an average Forward, above average role player, or a star?

Posted

i think hes Beasley 2.0 (minus the mental issues) hes too small for power forward and too slow for small forward in other words hes gonna be a bust....might turn into a good role player off the bench but will never play up to his #2 pick

i was so wrong i thought cavs shoulda took Williams and then Kemba or Knight...what a mistake that would have been

Posted

needs to minutes and shot attempts

good jump shot and pretty good low post ability

good rebounder

good ball handling ability

Posted

If he deserved more minutes he'd get them. He had enough time to prove hiself last season, just like Rubio.

Rubio grabbed the opportunity, Derrick didn't. Well, he actually did, it's just that he's a TOTAL BUST.

Just another role player. Just nothing special.

Posted

He has a lot of potential... athletic, big, strong, and could shoot the ball as well... backing up Kevin Love is not an ideal situation when you try to develop your game and confidence.

Posted

A lot of potential but no potential in Minny if that makes sense. Needs a change of scenery badly.

Posted

If anything I'd take him into the locker room and lock the door and make him watch about 100 hours of Cedric Ceballos.

I think if he could mimic his game (and he has the game, body type and athleticism to do it) he could make a really good career for himself.