Photo

Most Overrated Player In The NBA From This Season?

• Please log in to reply

#1 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future
  • #RipCity #brehsquad

• 24,447 posts

Players that are getting too much praise even though they don't deserve it...

tumblr_n14mx0Ho7J1qbqbieo2_400.gif

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

#2 ONLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers
Rajon Rondo when people claim he can score on par with Chris Paul when he feels like it.

ib11WAqf5J7DxS.gifi1WsvbSkT93BO.gif

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

#3 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

Rajon Rondo when people claim he can score on par with Chris Paul when he feels like it.

I don't really see that claim anywhere outside of this site and anywhere someone can troll.

U25061-1339176889.png

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

#4 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish
  • ***NBA IN MTL***

• 33,851 posts

Rajon Rondo right now.

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

#5 OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

I find that funny too.

lakers.png

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

#6 OFFLINE   Nashty

Nashty
  • Suit up!

• 6,121 posts

Just one person said that.

lYLRK.jpg BpgYi.jpg

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

#7 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo
  • Pacers logo only for the playoffs

• 16,354 posts

Let me say this, before I get quoted. Carmelo Anthony is a great player and is an MVP candidate and has improved as a defender, seems to try harder on defense and is a more willing passer. But to me, the fact that Melo has gotten this much hype for being talked about as MVP, I think it's just more of the Knicks having a great record. He has improved on defense and makes more passes, but sometimes, when I see New York play, I see him shooting the ball a lot like he used to.

oldtimers.png

HNL: Bulls GM

S2: 20-62 | S3: 51-31 (Lost to Braves 4-3 in Semi Finals; GMOY) | S3: 52-30 (Lost to 76ers 4-3 in First Round) | S4: 53-24

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

#8 OFFLINE   DJtheCap™

DJtheCap™
  • Know what the Midwest is?

• 3,456 posts

• The Logo likes this

Let me say this, before I get quoted. Carmelo Anthony is a great player and is an MVP candidate and has improved as a defender, seems to try harder on defense and is a more willing passer. But to me, the fact that Melo has gotten this much hype for being talked about as MVP, I think it's just more of the Knicks having a great record. He has improved on defense and makes more passes, but sometimes, when I see New York play, I see him shooting the ball a lot like he used to.

I get what you're saying, in terms of efficiency, he hasn't improved all that much from past seasons. The reason he's getting more praise this year does have to do with the Knicks' improved record, but also his greatly increased effort on the boards and on D. I wouldn't say he's very overrated, but some people have taken it too far saying he's better than LeBron and such.

1z6co0i.jpg

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

#9 OFFLINE   trs72

trs72
I think Blake Griffin is probably the most overrated player in the game. Not saying he sucks, but he is clearly not as good as people let on. Jeremy Lin is another player that has been way over hyped. BG I think in time will be as good as he is hyped up, but Lin will never be as good as some make him out to be, although the hype on Lin has died down some.
When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my ass- Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball- Pete Rose

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

#10 OFFLINE   dr aj

dr aj
  • Professional Sleeper

• 205 posts

I don't see any players right now being over hyped. But i guess what you can talk about is players not living up to their contract. Ala Ersan Illyasova

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

#11 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish
I know I seem as a legit hater but I really am not...Blaker Griffin?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

#12 ONLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

I think Blake Griffin is probably the most overrated player in the game. Not saying he sucks, but he is clearly not as good as people let on. Jeremy Lin is another player that has been way over hyped. BG I think in time will be as good as he is hyped up, but Lin will never be as good as some make him out to be, although the hype on Lin has died down some.

Blake Griffin is rated by the masses as a dunker + solid rebounder who can't shoot is soft plays no D and has no post game. Not really overrated considering he actually has improved upon the things that people said he could not do and some of his "deficiencies" weren't true to begin with. Could make a case for him being overhyped but he isn't as hyped as he was during last season and the year before, we barely hear about him nowadays unless you happen upon the occasional Kia commercial.

ib11WAqf5J7DxS.gifi1WsvbSkT93BO.gif

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

#13 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0
  • Wanted for kidnapping: Tony Woops

• 7,622 posts

Joakim Noah. People talking about him being elite because he had a few good games, he's not.

tumblr_ldx837AN4O1qdtyuto1_500.gif

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

#14 ONLINE   Ben

Ben
  • 3peat in sight

• 26,450 posts

Kevin Durant

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

#15 ONLINE   TP9

TP9

Kevin Durant

:ban:

tumblr_n4dqwz6Cox1rdqggno1_400.gif

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

#16 OFFLINE   trs72

trs72

Blake Griffin is rated by the masses as a dunker + solid rebounder who can't shoot is soft plays no D and has no post game. Not really overrated considering he actually has improved upon the things that people said he could not do and some of his "deficiencies" weren't true to begin with. Could make a case for him being overhyped but he isn't as hyped as he was during last season and the year before, we barely hear about him nowadays unless you happen upon the occasional Kia commercial.

Yes. overhyped definitely, but I hear some think he is a top 3 PF in the game which is not the case so thats why I say overrated. I do think he is improving and in time will be one of the top PF's in the game, but as of now he is just a descent PF with some promise.
When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my ass- Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball- Pete Rose

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

#17 OFFLINE   Patrykkk

Patrykkk
Kyrie Irving. Many people think that he's the second best PG in the league :S

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

#18 OFFLINE   Tony Hops

Tony Hops
  • Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII

• 1,158 posts

LeBron James

People act like he's the best player in the league. How come his team can't rebound? Especially since he has D-Wade and Bosh.
Give me an address I WILL COME TO YOU.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome Guest!

Hello and welcome to our forums, Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. You may be required to register to be able to discuss and communicate with other members of our community.