Photo

Most Overrated Player In The NBA From This Season?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Players that are getting too much praise even though they don't deserve it...

DxhMH7n.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

• Global Moderators
  • 19,364 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Rajon Rondo when people claim he can score on par with Chris Paul when he feels like it.

tumblr_ner2atISSi1r3mm52o1_500.gif

"It's raining on all the places we're free to go" - Brandon Heat

#3 OFFLINE   TGIA

TGIA

Look into my eyes, tell me what you see

• Administrators
  • 19,665 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Rajon Rondo when people claim he can score on par with Chris Paul when he feels like it.

I don't really see that claim anywhere outside of this site and anywhere someone can troll.
clutchbrady.gif

#4 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,987 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Rajon Rondo right now.

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#5 OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Starter

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I find that funny too.

#6 ONLINE   Nashty

Nashty

Amaterasu

• Members
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Just one person said that.

tumblr_mqpazvI1hh1sym0a4o1_500.gif

tumblr_nbdynoT22Q1tifa8io1_500.gif

#7 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 18,072 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Let me say this, before I get quoted. Carmelo Anthony is a great player and is an MVP candidate and has improved as a defender, seems to try harder on defense and is a more willing passer. But to me, the fact that Melo has gotten this much hype for being talked about as MVP, I think it's just more of the Knicks having a great record. He has improved on defense and makes more passes, but sometimes, when I see New York play, I see him shooting the ball a lot like he used to.

#8 OFFLINE   DJtheCap™

DJtheCap™

r8 it 8/8 m8

• Members
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Let me say this, before I get quoted. Carmelo Anthony is a great player and is an MVP candidate and has improved as a defender, seems to try harder on defense and is a more willing passer. But to me, the fact that Melo has gotten this much hype for being talked about as MVP, I think it's just more of the Knicks having a great record. He has improved on defense and makes more passes, but sometimes, when I see New York play, I see him shooting the ball a lot like he used to.

I get what you're saying, in terms of efficiency, he hasn't improved all that much from past seasons. The reason he's getting more praise this year does have to do with the Knicks' improved record, but also his greatly increased effort on the boards and on D. I wouldn't say he's very overrated, but some people have taken it too far saying he's better than LeBron and such.
  • The Logo likes this

fb7c54e3437eed88a91251c87041688e.480x286

step up m8

#9 OFFLINE   trs72

trs72

Superstar

• Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

I think Blake Griffin is probably the most overrated player in the game. Not saying he sucks, but he is clearly not as good as people let on. Jeremy Lin is another player that has been way over hyped. BG I think in time will be as good as he is hyped up, but Lin will never be as good as some make him out to be, although the hype on Lin has died down some.
When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my ass- Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball- Pete Rose

#10 OFFLINE   dr aj

dr aj

Professional Sleeper

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

I don't see any players right now being over hyped. But i guess what you can talk about is players not living up to their contract. Ala Ersan Illyasova

#11 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

I know I seem as a legit hater but I really am not...Blaker Griffin?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#12 OFFLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

• Global Moderators
  • 19,364 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

I think Blake Griffin is probably the most overrated player in the game. Not saying he sucks, but he is clearly not as good as people let on. Jeremy Lin is another player that has been way over hyped. BG I think in time will be as good as he is hyped up, but Lin will never be as good as some make him out to be, although the hype on Lin has died down some.

Blake Griffin is rated by the masses as a dunker + solid rebounder who can't shoot is soft plays no D and has no post game. Not really overrated considering he actually has improved upon the things that people said he could not do and some of his "deficiencies" weren't true to begin with. Could make a case for him being overhyped but he isn't as hyped as he was during last season and the year before, we barely hear about him nowadays unless you happen upon the occasional Kia commercial.

tumblr_ner2atISSi1r3mm52o1_500.gif

"It's raining on all the places we're free to go" - Brandon Heat

#13 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Joakim Noah. People talking about him being elite because he had a few good games, he's not.

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#14 OFFLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,400 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Kevin Durant

#15 OFFLINE   TP9

TP9

• Members
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

Kevin Durant

:ban:

DampImpeccableDrongo.gif

#16 OFFLINE   trs72

trs72

Superstar

• Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Blake Griffin is rated by the masses as a dunker + solid rebounder who can't shoot is soft plays no D and has no post game. Not really overrated considering he actually has improved upon the things that people said he could not do and some of his "deficiencies" weren't true to begin with. Could make a case for him being overhyped but he isn't as hyped as he was during last season and the year before, we barely hear about him nowadays unless you happen upon the occasional Kia commercial.

Yes. overhyped definitely, but I hear some think he is a top 3 PF in the game which is not the case so thats why I say overrated. I do think he is improving and in time will be one of the top PF's in the game, but as of now he is just a descent PF with some promise.
When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my ass- Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball- Pete Rose

#17 OFFLINE   Patrykkk

Patrykkk

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Kyrie Irving. Many people think that he's the second best PG in the league :S

#18 OFFLINE   Tony Hops

Tony Hops

Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII

• Banned
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

LeBron James

People act like he's the best player in the league. How come his team can't rebound? Especially since he has D-Wade and Bosh.
Give me an address I WILL COME TO YOU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users