MVP Race: Lebron, KD, CP3 or Melo

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Who do you think is winning right now and who will win at the end of the season

Posted

Now: LeBron

End Of Season: KD (They won't give LBJ another MVP in such short time, even though KD does deserve it most behind LBJ)

Posted

Paul now

End of the season: Between Durant and Paul. Whoever's team ends up with the better record. LeBron can win it as well, but I've never understood how he could win it playing next to Wade & Bosh + the greatest 3 point shooter in NBA history...unless the Heat end the season with the best record in the NBA.

Posted

Now: Chris Paul.

End: Carmelo IF Amar'e doesn't fck [expletive deleted] up.

Posted

Its still early for me to decide.

During the last month of the season it should be pretty clear-cut.

P.S: FEAR Melo and his 2.0 apg.

Posted

Now: Chris Paul.

End: Carmelo IF Amar'e doesn't fck [expletive deleted] up.

How?? Other than volume scoring. What does he bring to the Knicks? He's a top candidate but not nearly more valuable than LBJ.

And maybe he's not so valuable if he allows an all-star to mess up their chemistry. A true MVP would put him in a position to succeed

Posted

Paul and Paul. that's what I think and hope

Posted

KD is #1 in Win Shares.

CP3 is #1 in Win Shares per 48 mins.

LeBron is 3rd in both.

Any one of those three is fine with me. Still a lot of games left so who knows.

Posted

I wonder what Kobe has to say about that..?

That's why he only has 1 in 16 years. :O

Posted

True, Kobe isn't valuable.

........ Not THE most valuable.

Posted

Well I guess Karl Malone is more valuable then MJ in some years since he won MVP over him.

Why did Shaq and KG only win one MVP?

Yes. Malone was more valuable than MJ in certain seasons. KG only deserved one. Shaq never could play a full season. How else may i assist you pun'kin?

Posted

So LeBron is more valuable then Shaq...ok LOL

In certain seasons yes. Playing more games = more chances of winning. Overall career of course not.

Shaq was a monster. But you can't win an MVP missing 20 games a season. He should have won in 2001 but they gave it to AI...

Posted

Anyway my point was, he said Melo is "not so valuable" if he can't win with Amar'e. Kobe isn't even winning with Shaq/Nash/Gasol..that's 3 all-stars and 3 future hall of famers, how many people would call Kobe "not so valuable"? There's a difference between calling someone "the most valuable" which you did and "not so valuable" which he did.

Don't worry... I'm not a Kobe fan so i am happy he is losing with that team lol... Melo has had a great year and if the Knicks finish with the #1 seed in the East i can see him winning. However... In my opinion i think its between LBJ, KD and CP3.

Posted

Right now probably KD. But by the end of the season LeBron. His combination of points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks is more than any other player in the top 3 of the MVP race, including CP3 and his value to Miami in relation to CP3's value to the Clippers imo is greater.

Posted

Lebron ain't gonna win it this year. Voter fatigue plus the Heat probably won't have the best record in the league let alone clearly.

At this point it's between KD and Paul. Durant is the favorite in many people's minds and will probably win all things equal but it's a wash to me.

Posted

I got Kevin Durant for MVP this year. He's improved almost every part of his game from last year and he was the second best player in the league last year. Statistically he's averaging 28/8/4 on 51/41/90 which is probably the second best stat-line behind Lebron James.Outside of that, his team is all on the same track with the best record in the league and halfway through the season, they have shown no signs of slowing down. I just think this is his year to win the MVP. I also think the Thunder can win it all this year, but that prediction is for another thread.

Posted

too early to tell.

But it is looking good for Durant.

Posted

KD. his numbers are by far higher, and with lower USG%.

By far higher than whose? LeBron?

Durant: 35 Games, 28.1 points, 7.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 51.9 FG%, 41.7 3PT%, 90 FT%, 28.9 USG%, 28.3 PER, 3.3 TO, 39.4 Minutes

James: 33 Games, 26.5 points, 8.3 rebounds, 6.8 assists, 54.3 FG%, 41.7 3PT%, 74 FT%, 30.2 USG%, 29.7 PER, 2.9 TO, 38.5 Minutes

LeBron averages less minutes a game, he has also played in less games so far. He scores less but he rebounds better, passes better, defends better, is more efficient and the disparity in usage rate is small. I think CP3 will win his stats are impressive, the Clippers are unstoppable and I think the voters remember 08 where Chris Paul was deserving.

Team Player and Penny like this

Posted

By far higher than whose? LeBron?

Durant: 35 Games, 28.1 points, 7.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 51.9 FG%, 41.7 3PT%, 90 FT%, 28.9 USG%, 28.3 PER, 3.3 TO, 39.4 Minutes

James: 33 Games, 26.5 points, 8.3 rebounds, 6.8 assists, 54.3 FG%, 41.7 3PT%, 74 FT%, 30.2 USG%, 29.7 PER, 2.9 TO, 38.5 Minutes

LeBron averages less minutes a game, he has also played in less games so far. He scores less but he rebounds better, passes better, defends better, is more efficient and the disparity in usage rate is small. I think CP3 will win his stats are impressive, the Clippers are unstoppable and I think the voters remember 08 where Chris Paul was deserving.

KD has better efficiency by far, wtf? 16% FT is like 3ppg difference... also he has much higher USG even w/o "USG%" being 35. KD's are far higher, no matter LBJ/Melo/Kobe...

Posted

KD has better efficiency by far, wtf? 16% FT is like 3ppg difference... also he has much higher USG even w/o "USG%" being 35. KD's are far higher, no matter LBJ/Melo/Kobe...

By far? The difference in TS% isn't even that large. I have no idea what you are trying to say about the USG%. Despite the difference in FT%, Durant only averages like 1.5 more points per game. KD is slightly more efficient. How about the huge difference in assists? LeBron averages like 3 more assists per game, that can lead to 6-9 more points a game.

Posted

By far? The difference in TS% isn't even that large. I have no idea what you are trying to say about the USG%. Despite the difference in FT%, Durant only averages like 1.5 more points per game. KD is slightly more efficient. How about the huge difference in assists? LeBron averages like 3 more assists per game, that can lead to 6-9 more points a game.

if KD were a point forward, he'd also get that - thus depriving wade/westbrook of more...

USG% (the advanced stat) doesn't demonstrate USG, just USG%...

higher WS, spg, bpg, ppg, FT%, 3pm, EFG%, TS%....

Posted

if KD were a point forward, he'd also get that - thus depriving wade/westbrook of more...

USG% (the advanced stat) doesn't demonstrate USG, just USG%...

KD actually does play Point Forward, he does it in certain parts of games. If KD were a Point Forward full time he would average 4 turnovers a game plus. His court vision is not up to par with James nor is his passing ability. He dribbles through traffic way to often and makes a lot of bad cross court passes. James is one of the best Point Forwards ever. Whatever USG says, LeBron doesn't control the ball that much more than Durant, it really isn't a strong argument.

Posted

KD actually does play Point Forward, he does it in certain parts of games. If KD were a Point Forward full time he would average 4 turnovers a game plus. His court vision is not up to par with James nor is his passing ability. He dribbles through traffic way to often and makes a lot of bad cross court passes. James is one of the best Point Forwards ever. Whatever USG says, LeBron doesn't control the ball that much more than Durant, it really isn't a strong argument.

he controls the ball much more...regardless of what USG says.

TeoTheGreek13 likes this

Posted

CP3. Where would Clippers be without him? Second is Durant if Thunder gets #1 in the West. Same with Melo if Knicks win the East maybe he will win. I dont have Lebron because of his stats he`s still a choker and 0% clutch.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...