• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nina Barklartey

Nina Barklartey

Bernard King 2.0

• Members
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

What is wrong with the Bobcats? Why are they so, so bad?

MJ was and is such a competitve guy in all that he does from Basketball to his NIKE line- so WTF is up with his NBA Franchise?

I just don't understand and it doesn't make sense.
In other respects as a owner, he is RUTHLESS!!!!!

I don't watch them cuz I have no desire to-
Plus they have yet to play the Nuggets-

What are your ideas on this?????

*****I posted this in General NBA cuz I wanted to get some responses on this. Plus it's got to be about the coach, players but what about MJ?????
Why do you love this game? :dribble:

#2 OFFLINE   TGIA

TGIA

3 Kings

• Administrators
  • 19,156 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Well they have some nice young talent, but they have no one to guard the paint. They have almost no depth in any poistion.

Kemba isn't gonna be able to lead an offense with that many incapable players. They can't keep up with other teams, scoring wise.

They don't have anyone who can keep them in games against these highscoring western teams, nor do they have the defense to grind it out with the eastern teams.

They are really lacking a frontcourt, depth and an offensive player who they can actually depend on.

P.S Nuggets already beat them in the Pepsi center
  • Nina Barklartey likes this

v5NGAGV.png

#3 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,976 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

They don't have enough talent to be so good... the Jazz are good. Jefferson and Milsap were too much for them to handle tonight

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#4 OFFLINE   Kleeps

Kleeps

Intern

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

They don't have good players, simple as that. When your best player is Kemba Walker, you're in trouble. Looking down the line-up, they have no low post presence. They really don't have anyone who shoots a high percentage. They're young and inexperienced. That's what happens when you have young, raw players. You can see the same exact thing in Cleveland. They have Tristan Thomson, Kyrie Irving, and Dion Waiters. All great young players, but they lack experience. The Bobcats have MKG, Ramon Sessions, Kemba Walker, and Mullens (whose very streaky EXTREMELY streaky) and that's it. It's simple. They lack experience, depth, good players, and skill.

lebron-james-photobomb-o.gif

#5 OFFLINE   trs72

trs72

Superstar

• Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

What is wrong with the Bobcats? Why are they so, so bad?

MJ was and is such a competitve guy in all that he does from Basketball to his NIKE line- so WTF is up with his NBA Franchise?

I just don't understand and it doesn't make sense.
In other respects as a owner, he is RUTHLESS!!!!!

I don't watch them cuz I have no desire to-
Plus they have yet to play the Nuggets-

What are your ideas on this?????

*****I posted this in General NBA cuz I wanted to get some responses on this. Plus it's got to be about the coach, players but what about MJ?????

MJ while he was a great player he is not a good judge of talent. I think very few guys that were great players end up being good coaches or great GM's. Larry Bird is the only one that comes to mind that was one of the all time greats that also knows talent and can find diamonds in the rough. I am sure there are a few others over the year but most great players dont make for good judges of talent or coaches. Another guy that knew talent was Jerry West as well that was one of the all time greats.
When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my ass- Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball- Pete Rose

#6 OFFLINE   Nina Barklartey

Nina Barklartey

Bernard King 2.0

• Members
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Are there any rumors about management trying to fix these issues?????

#7 OFFLINE   Nina Barklartey

Nina Barklartey

Bernard King 2.0

• Members
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

MJ while he was a great player he is not a good judge of talent. I think very few guys that were great players end up being good coaches or great GM's. Larry Bird is the only one that comes to mind that was one of the all time greats that also knows talent and can find diamonds in the rough. I am sure there are a few others over the year but most great players dont make for good judges of talent or coaches.

He sure has not been good as a GM or when it comes to the "player" or "building a team" as an owner-
Larry has been good at that...
Excellent point.....

#8 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 17,900 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

They have some solid perimeter players like Kemba Walker, Ramon Sessions, Gerald Henderson, Ben Gordon, Michael Kidd- Gilchrist, and Jeffery Taylor, but their bigs aren't that good. Biyombo and Mullens are both alright, but both have glaring weaknesses, their defense is terrible despite having a lenghthy defender in MKG, and I just don't think this team can have a chance of making the playoffs unless they get a solid big man.

#9 OFFLINE   DJtheCap™

DJtheCap™

r8 it 8/8 m8

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

They lack interior scoring of any kind, and constantly struggle with scoring droughts because their shooters are mediocre. They have Kemba, MKG, and Biyombo (Mutumbo-esque on D but not a scorer) who are good young pieces, but it isn't enough for now.

I'd like to point out that they were a playoff team 4(?) years ago, with Tyson Chandler, prime Steve Jax, Gerald Wallace, DJ Augustin, and Raymond Felton. (formidable lineup by today's standards) And Jordan basically blew up the team for reasons unknown to anyone...

fb7c54e3437eed88a91251c87041688e.480x286

step up m8

#10 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,725 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Well people never have seemed to understand the fact that the charlotte bobcats basically started out with pretty much nothing. Their first roster was full of a buncha bench players and their number 2 pick in the 2004 draft, emeka okafor. It's kinda hard to build a roster when u start out with nothing especially if u get unlucky with a couple of draft picks. The last two teams to start out with nothing? The grizzlies, (who were the vancouver grizzlies then) and the raptors (1996). And i dont understand where the so, so bad comes from that u speak of them as. Not counting their 7 game win season, they won almost 40 percent of their games throughout the franchise's history (which really isn't that bad considering they started with nothing and havent been here for even 10 years yet). And to the management, yes MJ doesn't have a good track record, but he's the owner, not the GM. He does play a role in some of the management but its not like he is the guy who went out and said were drafting adam morrison and then it was a done deal. MJ did play a pretty big role in the management before he became the owner, but that was when they had made the playoffs, and then they decided to basically unload all the talent from that playoff team, and go through the rebuilding process. Since then, MJ has stepped back and allowed management to play a bigger part in basketball decisions. Since 2009, we've drafted kemba walker, gerald henderson, michael kidd gilchrist, and jeff taylor, who were all good picks if u ask me. People need to forget about the 7 win season and consider that the bobcats were part of an expansion not even 10 years ago, basically starting with nothing, and that they really havent performed as bad as they may seem , looking at the franchise winning percentage. If ur wondering of their recent struggles? Well it's the young guys that are gonna get better so thats what the bobcats are trying to go with and go out and get right now. One of their most used starting lineups this season, kemba walker, jeffery taylor, MKG, biyombo, and mullens, are all under 25 years old. That sounds like potentially a pretty good future to me

If u talking about their recent struggles it's due to the lack of a consistent defensive/rebounding big
  • ClipShow likes this

#11 OFFLINE   trs72

trs72

Superstar

• Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

He sure has not been good as a GM or when it comes to the "player" or "building a team" as an owner-
Larry has been good at that...
Excellent point.....

yeah, Larry Bird over the years has proven he know hows to draft talent even when he dont have a real high Draft pick. He did have Donnie Walsh to show him the ropes thou, but still you either have a eye for talent or you dont, thats not really something you can teach. I know some thought Bird was crazy to take Granger when he did as well as Paul George,lol. PG might turn out to be one of the top 5 players in the game in the next few years.
When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my ass- Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball- Pete Rose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users