tumblr_n8t9r2ZeVm1s5g0jgo1_250.gif

#3 OFFLINE   Tony Hops

Tony Hops

Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII

• Banned
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Harden; and it ain't even close.

Harden took pressure off Westbrook and Durant with his facilitating and efficiency. Harden is also committed on the defensive end (I don't think he's great) but committed.

K-Mart is not really good at anything other than being a volume scorer, an inefficient one at that. I don't think he's capable of being able to guard any elite players.
Give me an address I WILL COME TO YOU.

#4 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,977 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Harden; and it ain't even close.

Harden took pressure off Westbrook and Durant with his facilitating and efficiency. Harden is also committed on the defensive end (I don't think he's great) but committed.

K-Mart is not really good at anything other than being a volume scorer, an inefficient one at that. I don't think he's capable of being able to guard any elite players.

Yeah but it's not a Martin Vs Harden thread. It's in a team perspective... I mean the Thunder right now are 27-8 with Martin which is pretty damn good

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#5 OFFLINE   SportsFan93

SportsFan93

Frank Cornelius Jr. aka THE BOAT

• Members
  • 19,584 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

I think Durant and Westbrook are better without Harden but come playoff time they're gonna miss Harden. It's very dangerous to have three guys capable of scoring 25 ppg on your team and the Thunder had that. Not sure they have that now with Martin. Honestly, the move just put more pressure on Durant and Westbrook. Never liked it for the Thunder.

#6 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

I think eventually they will be. Because Harden is a good 6th man but he is too good of a player to come of the bench and the Thunder desperately need a 6th man and they found a perfect fit with K-Mart.+Harden has superstar potential and I think it is better both for him and the Thunder because eventually 3 would have become a crowd and it would be this years Lakers all-over again(I am not saying that is the case in L.A. it is just the result would be similar).
On the other hand they lost a good playmaker and a promising defensive player...I think overall it was a decent move by the Thunder office.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#7 OFFLINE   Tony Hops

Tony Hops

Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII

• Banned
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Yeah but it's not a Martin Vs Harden thread. It's in a team perspective... I mean the Thunder right now are 27-8 with Martin which is pretty damn good

I think it has more to do with Ibaka improving and KD having a career year. I still think Harden brings more to the table.

Give me an address I WILL COME TO YOU.

#8 OFFLINE   KKinsey

KKinsey

MVP

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Martin, it forced Durant and Westbrook to step up more and more importantly their other piece Ibaka has really stepped up his game. All they really need from Martin was to score points off the bench which he is doing.

#9 OFFLINE   Ivan

Ivan

yeah I'm tryna turn this into somethin

• Members
  • 7,646 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Harden of course. Because of that role he had off the bench. only improved OKC s chemistry.

#10 OFFLINE   mbruty

mbruty

Rookie

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

I would suggest that the Thunder are better of with Martin instead of Harden.

It's not because I am bitter for Harden leaving at all, but I actually think artin fits our game style - or we have adapted to make the most of his.
Harden needed the ball a lot and even though he was coming off the bench in a 6th man role, he had the ball a lot and also ran a number of isolations for himself.
I understand he is good enough to do it, but I think it detracted from the offence as a team. I think the quick release jumpshot, moving without the ball and carefull shot selection of KMart really suits the offence. He spaces the floor and is always a threat without having to control the ball.

For the future I also think the Thunder are better off. We got a very good rookie in Jeremy Lamb and the trade gave us spme cap relief so we can keep the core of the team intact. Plus the next draft pick (4-14) and the overall deal for OKC was terrific.

I loved Harden and we went a long way with him, but I feel we can go all the way with KMart.

fbtimelinecover1_zps66070efe.jpg
ABOVE THE RIM - Australia's BEST NBA Blog - www.abovetherim.com.au
Follow me on twitter @markbruty or follow the ATR team @AboveTheRimBlog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users