7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tripleaamin

tripleaamin

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 7,039 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...red-play-london

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert could make his season debut on Thursday against the Detroit Pistons in London.

"He's been cleared," coach Mike Woodson said after Saturday's practice at the team's training facility. "He'll practice on Monday and if we get the two practices in -- for sure one in London and there's no setback -- he'll be cleared probably to play in the Detroit game."

Shumpert is returning from a left ACL and meniscus tear suffered last April in the playoffs. Initially, the Knicks were looking to have the sophomore practice with the Knicks' D-League team, the Erie BayHawks, but Woodson said the schedule won't permit that. Instead, Shumpert will practice with the Knicks and "have to learn on the fly," as the coach said.

When Shumpert does play, Woodson said he will be capped to "limited minutes medical-wise."

Shumpert just can't wait to get back on the court.

"I'm excited," he said. "(Woodson) is being optimistic. I've just got to make sure that I go through practice hard and make sure that I'm comfortable with all the coverages, and make sure I got the plays down and everything. That's the biggest part with me being comfortable and me being in rhythm."

As for how he was feeling after practice today, Shumpert said, "Physically, I feel great."

Shumpert's return marks the first big step in the Knicks' backcourt recovery, especially to pick up their slipping perimeter defense, and lack of penetration and ball movement offensively in recent games. Starting point guard Raymond Felton, who's been out with a fractured right pinkie, is targeting Jan. 24 against the Boston Celtics or Jan. 26 against the Philadelphia 76ers to resume play.

"We've been looking forward to getting our whole team back for a while now, so we're starting to see light at the end of the tunnel," Carmelo Anthony said. "With Shump coming back, Raymond maybe a week and a half, two weeks away or something like that. So we're looking forward to those guys coming back. We need bodies at this point."

#2 OFFLINE   Pusha Key

Pusha Key

• Members
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

ShumpGod doe
hey.

#3 OFFLINE   TGIA

TGIA

3 Kings

• Administrators
  • 19,300 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Can't wait for this game

gif_500x286_88bc0d.gif

#4 OFFLINE   Tony Hops

Tony Hops

Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII

• Banned
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

"Who's afraid of the big bad Shump, the big bad Shump!"

- Iman Shumpert phone call to Dwyane Wade
Give me an address I WILL COME TO YOU.

#5 OFFLINE   Ryan Cornelius

Ryan Cornelius

Mr.Stern get those RINGS ready

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

BREAKING news: IMAN SHUMPERT IS BACK. Like Amare Stoudemire did when he returned, he is going to make a huge impact.lol
((((attention))))

http://www.reverbnation.com/writetwice
We don't entertain, we ENTERPRAISE

#6 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

:: Legendary ::

• Members
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Glad that the Knicks are getting everybody back now. Shumpert is a lockdown defender, should really help them.
  • TGIA and PaulTrillsap like this

GSL: Thunder GM || HNL: Co-Co-Co-Co Comish (nostutter)

#7 OFFLINE   MG2Prime

MG2Prime

Rookie

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Man my boy Shumpert is gonna a allstar one day. This guy got a bright future ahead of him.
  • TGIA likes this

#8 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users