Photo

Isn't it kinda sad to see Celtics trying to trade Paul Pierce?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 18,531 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I mean come on, he has been on the Celtics since day one. We often see superstars like Carmelo, LeBron, Dwight Howard, Possibly Kevin Love leave their orginial teams because they couldn't win a ring.

Now you have a player who has stuck through the good and bad, and eventually won a championship being on the trade block?

So what are you thoughts on the Celtics making Paul Pierce a tradable asset even though he has been loyal to them all his career? Is it fair to critizce players for demanding trades when something like this with Paul Pierce can happen?

Keep in mind you have owners like Mark Cuban who said he would never trade Dirk.

98f13708210194c475687be6106a3b84.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Poohdini

Poohdini

The One Who Knocks

• Members
  • 9,562 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

pierce will not be traded

iQGNLrtptj5Np.gifiABvnrIB8UpFz.gif

#3 OFFLINE   I'm Awesome

I'm Awesome

Greatest Poster of All-time

• Members
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

they are just rumors

#4 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 18,531 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

pierce will not be traded

Maybe he won't be traded but they are making it clear he is avaliable.

#5 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

:: Legendary ::

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

I don't see what the problem is if they're checking offers for him. If a team like the Clippers offered some young talent like Eric Beldsoe, draft picks, and maybe a third team gets involved? Players like Peirce are nearing the end of their careers and you're falling in the East, not really competing for a championship anymore.
I can understand wanting to keep him because of loyalty and he's done a ton for the franchise, but this is a business. If someone offered some great young value for him, wouldn't you do it?
HERO BALL

#6 OFFLINE   I'm Awesome

I'm Awesome

• Members
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

I don't see what the problem is if they're checking offers for him. If a team like the Clippers offered some young talent like Eric Beldsoe, draft picks, and maybe a third team gets involved? Players like Peirce are nearing the end of their careers and you're falling in the East, not really competing for a championship anymore.
I can understand wanting to keep him because of loyalty and he's done a ton for the franchise, but this is a business. If someone offered some great young value for him, wouldn't you do it?

LEss loyalty = Less players wanting to go to Boston = Less superstar attraction in FA
  • Charles likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

:: Legendary ::

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

LEss loyalty = Less players wanting to go to Boston = Less superstar attraction in FA

Alright, I can see that, makes sense. I still think that you could lure a superstar to a team with Doc Rivers, Rondo and lets say a couple young players that have superstar potential as long as you have the money for it in free agency. I'm saying it would have to be a really good offer, and I would be sad to see Paul Pierce in a different uniform, it would be like seeing RIP and Ben Wallace in Bulls uniforms.. :(
HERO BALL

#8 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 18,531 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

It's more of why are players getting so much heat for leaving their teams but then when something like this happens, no one cares.

Why should players like Lebron be loyal to the Cavs when teams like the Celtics aren't loyal to Paul Pierce?

I agree it's a business, but if players get criticized for making these types of buisness decisions, so should teams.

#9 OFFLINE   I'm Awesome

I'm Awesome

• Members
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

It's more of why are players getting so much heat for leaving their teams but then when something like this happens, no one cares.

Why should players like Lebron be loyal to the Cavs when teams like the Celtics aren't loyal to Paul Pierce?

I agree it's a business, but if players get criticized for making these types of buisness decisions, so should teams.

Imagine Danny Ainge going to ESPN to offer Griz GM PP for Rudy Gay

#10 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 18,531 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Imagine Danny Ainge going to ESPN to offer Griz GM PP for Rudy Gay

LOL

But everyone knows you will still get hate for ringchasing no matter how you leave.

#11 OFFLINE   I'm Awesome

I'm Awesome

• Members
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

LOL

But everyone knows you will still get hate for ringchasing no matter how you leave.

Why people hate LBJ
50% The decision
45% joining an MVP caliber and an all-star
5% others

#12 OFFLINE   Raza 10

Raza 10

Purrrr

• Members
  • 7,729 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

To think there were actually debates on HN in the past arguing whether or not the Celtics were loyal to their players LMAO

It is a business. The Celtics are making the right choice for the future of their franchise by looking through offers they can get for Pierce. Will he be traded? Probably not. But if they can find some solid young pieces and maybe some picks from a 3rd and possibly 4th team, it would be bad for their future to not take it.

However, it is disrespectful. Absolutely disrespectful to take somebody who has devoted his career to your organization and leading them back to relevance and eventually a title, and throw them on the trade block because you aren't doing as well as you thought you would. Just disrespectful. There's a point where you stop the business and let the man retire as a Celtic for life. He more than deserves that from the organization.

#13 OFFLINE   Bob Loves Ariana

Bob Loves Ariana

God Oh God

• Members
  • 11,131 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

What in the hell are you a mod for LOL? no offense <3

yes very sad thats cold
Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Patsie

Patsie

C U Next Tuesday

• Members
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'll be absolutely shattered if Pierce gets traded. He means so much to the Celtics organisation, and he's never, EVER demanded a trade no matter how much he was carrying the team.
When you wish upon a star,
You are millions of years too late.
That star is already dead.
Just like your dreams.

#15 OFFLINE   LOBBIN

LOBBIN

Bandwagon Nets Fan

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Its all speculation. Danny isn't stupid enough to trade Pierce, he wouldn't make it out of Boston alive.

SIG__Urban_Paul_Pierce_by_chibinuyasha.p

"Once people start making comparisons to a player of the past, they want you be that player. I try to go out there and create my own image, my own style, my own type of game"

- Paul Pierce

#16 OFFLINE   Justin M GOAT Laker

Justin M GOAT Laker

You Can't Even Lift Bro

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

It is kinda stupid I mean he's been their franchise player all these years, they shouldn't even be testing the waters for him, he should retire a Celtic

#17 OFFLINE   Thank Javale Im Atheist

Thank Javale Im Atheist

BIG EMBIID

• Members
  • 18,694 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

You don't trade your face of the franchise. Period. That's why Kobe, Dirk, Pierce, Wade (pre Bron) and Duncan have not been traded.

GSL: New Jersey Nets GM

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   LeBron Said™

LeBron Said™

3 Rings

• Members
  • 8,388 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

You don't trade your face of the franchise. Period. That's why Kobe, Dirk, Pierce, Wade (pre Bron) and Duncan have not been traded.

LeBron was traded.

.2zzlx0j.jpg

#3Rings

#19 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 18,531 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

LeBron was traded.

Lol techincally it's a sign and trade but everyone knows he picked Heat over Cavs by saying "im taking my talents to south beach".

#20 OFFLINE   Thank Javale Im Atheist

Thank Javale Im Atheist

BIG EMBIID

• Members
  • 18,694 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

LeBron was traded.

and???? I didn't mention LeBron. He basically told Cleveland f you and left. Dude been signed else where

GSL: New Jersey Nets GM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users