• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Penny

Penny

no quiero nada más sin vos

• Members
  • 9,828 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

DeMarcus Cousins started out the season slowly. After leading the league in Offensive Rebounds as well as being the only player to play under 32 MPG and average a double last season, Cousins finished with an average of 18.1 PPG and 11.0 RPG shooting 44.8% from the field and 70.2 from the Free Throw line. Many expected him to break out this season.

However, it looked disappointing. In Cousins' first 23 games he averaged 16.6 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 2.1 APG, 1.3 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.7 TPG and 3.0 FPG shooting 41.4% from the field and 76.9% from the line. He was suspended seemingly every other game. The numbers were by no means bad, but he looked to be regressing and even at times hurting the team more than he was helping with his inefficiency and volatile behaviour. After numerous ridiculous trade rumours, suspensions and criticisms, coupled with the Kings' 8-23 record in games which Cousins played, something had to change.

And it did.

In the last 10 games since Cousins returned from a 2 game suspension handed to him by the team, the Kings have a 5-5 record - including back to back wins over last year's Eastern Conference runners up (The Boston Celtics) and the current #2 seed in the East (The New York Knicks.) Cousins has looked stellar, everything about him on the court has improved, his efficiency is up, and the team is playing better despite missing key players. Notable games include a 31 Point and 20 Rebound performance in a win over the Toronto Raptors, and his first career triple double (12 Points, 10 Rebounds and 10 Assists) in a win over the Boston Celtics. DeMarcus Cousins' statline in these games? 20.1 PPG, 12.0 RPG, 4.5 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 2.6 TPG and 4.1 FPG shooting 48% from the field and 80.8% from the Line. There are still some bad parts - his shotblocking his down on last year and not on par for a starting Center. His fouls have increased and 48% is still not an out-of-this world percentage, although given his career history it is a very welcoming percentage - however for the most part, Cousins has looked to be solidifying himself as a truly elite player and an All-Star candidate (Although that spot will most likely go to a more PC player)

Do you think Cousins and the Kings will be able to keep up this run of form? Or is it just a bit of luck?
  • The Future likes this

2q0kf2b.png

#2 OFFLINE   *RUDY*

*RUDY*

Save the kings KJ

• Banned
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

After his suspension and all those crazy trade rumors. He's starting to escalate again as a player like he did last season. I don't think it's luck in anyway. His ambition as a player has increased and one thing I know about Cousins is he wants to win. That's why he gets frustrated and angery a lot, but he needs to learn how to be patient.

I think when it comes to numbers he will breakout. Currently, he's averaging a double double in scoring and rebounds. I believe his numbers in both scoring & rebounding will increase. The kings still have over 44 games to play until the season ends. but his status as a player won't be all star until next season. I doubt the coaches will select him due to the kings record & the early season controversial issues.
  • Penny and Geektos like this

#3 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

:: Legendary ::

• Members
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I feel like Cousins can potentially be a 20-10-4 guy every night and an obvious all star. The problem has always been his mental stability and letting his emotions get the best of him, if he could contain that and be surrounded by a better supporting cast including a very disciplined head coach and staff, there's no doubt he could be a top-3 center in the league.
The Kings have a chance to have something very good with Cousins and if he can constantly play up to his potential they could be the team that they've been as of late. No all star selection for Cousins this year, maybe next year. I feel like it's going to be hard to get elected with the amount of talent in the West.

GSL: Thunder GM || HNL: Co-Co-Co-Co Comish (nostutter)

#4 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,994 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

It's pretty crazy when you think about it... Demarcus Cousins could already be argued as the best center in the league. The combination of quickness, strength, passing, court vision, dribbles, domination, everything. It's crazy. It really is. Demarcus Cousins is going to slowly become more mature and become a bigger force in the NBA. I can't even think about how good this guy is going to be when he will be in his prime... DMC in his prime is some scary Sh*t to think about!

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#5 OFFLINE   Flip

Flip

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

We all had a feeling, coming from last season.

He's doing great this season and we all should be happy for him. Future star.

#6 OFFLINE   Jay

Jay

On The Rise

• Members
  • 19,521 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

I honestly was shocked that no one has been talking about this, I actually have his stats page bookmarked now for a week because I'm interested in seeing his development, he's been tearing it up. He's gonna finish the season averaging 11 plus rebounds imo. I may be caught up in the moment, but he can def. be the best big man in the game in a couple of seasons and make it such a big gap that is wouldn't be a debate.
  • Penny likes this

rsz_shraddha-kapoor-eyes.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 13,004 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

I honestly was shocked that no one has been talking about this, I actually have his stats page bookmarked now for a week because I'm interested in seeing his development, he's been tearing it up. He's gonna finish the season averaging 11 plus rebounds imo. I may be caught up in the moment, but he can def. be the best big man in the game in a couple of seasons and make it such a big gap that is wouldn't be a debate.

Definitely ur new favorite player right? L.E.L jk

tumblr_n4v5gpX7NQ1rtequ6o1_500.gif

russell-westbrook-3-and-strut-game-4-aga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users