19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Flip

Flip

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

POPULAR

When I first joined, this user was still an admin. He was easily one of my sudden favorites, after reading his posts around the forum. He could be referred to one of the most "influential" and one of the valuable members of our beautiful site. He's a die hard North Carolina fan, which does make him a Bobkittens fan. Here he is, Mr. Skillz!

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

Posted Image

What's your name? Where were you born, where were you raised? Where do you live now?
Cameron. Borest, France. It was named after Borest Diaw who is a superstar in the NBA. After Diaw was traded to the Bobcats in 2008, my family and I moved to Charlotte to follow his career.

What made you join Hoops-Nation? Tony told me he was creating a new site so a few hours after it opened I registered and one was of the first members.

How would you describe your experience as a former member of the staff?
I loved the staff team. I still talk to a lot of the staff members daily.

Why MaddSkillz, though?
On NBA Live I would create myself and so I could play on the Bobcats. They couldn’t say your real name so you had to pick a nickname… The one I liked the best was “Madd Skillz.”

What got you into basketball?
At my church we had a basketball court inside and every Tuesday night after scouts we would all play. So I just would play and got pretty good. Then as I got older I started playing with my friends in the neighborhood. I loved playing basketball, I played like every day from the age 12-18. I would watch SportsCenter every night at 11 to see the highlights of all the NBA games.

Have you ever played organized basketball?
I played YMCA ball for 2 years, the coach also had a team that traveled. I think it was kind of like a AAU team. He asked me to be on the team but I already had a lot of stuff planed in the summer that year that I couldn’t get out of. Looking back on it I wished I would have played on the team. I also played church ball (we had a league of 8 teams) from 14-18. I was the captain of the team the last 2 years and we won 2 championships. I led the league in assists and 3p%. When I was 17 I played for a private school. It was a really little league though. I was the 6th man, I was a combo guard. I could shoot really good and I was the teams best ball handler and passer. My weaknesses was my speed, defense and the ability to get to the rim. That’s why I didn’t start.

Does Mrs. Skillz support your love for the game? Does she love the game?
She is ok that I love basketball… She however doesn’t love it. Lol. She likes football better. She’ll go to basketball games and she will watch some here and there but she doesn’t watch a lot. However she knows a lot of players and coaches names cause I talk about stuff with her or around her and she picks it up.

Who is your favorite superhero and why?
Growing up it was Spiderman. I liked the cartoon a lot. But the newest Dark Knight trilogy has made me like Batman a lot.

In life, whether it's a family member, a celebrity, or whoever it may be, who is your hero?
Easily my dad. Everyone that knows him, loves him. He is a great person. He’s a very hard worker, he grew up on a farm in Eastern Carolina, then went into the Navy. In his early 30’s he became a barber just making like 5 bucks a haircut in the 70’s. Now he is respected as the best barber in Charlotte, has his own barber shop in the Hilton Hotel and has over 500 regular clients. He cuts, CEO’s hair, lawyers, bankers and even coaches and athletes. His dad worked his whole life and still had hardly nothing, but he taught my father the importance of hard work and because of that my dad has become very successful. I am lucky to be able to follow in his footsteps and one day take over the family business.

One can tell a lot about a person when they describe their friends and family. So, how would you describe the people who you grew up with and presently surround yourself with? Does it closely describe the person you are?
Well I am a pretty simple person. I don’t drink, smoke, never have done drugs, cuss or anything like that. My family and friends for the most part live the same way. I am very active in my church and its a big part of my life. Most of my friends are sports fans and are pretty funny. So they are a lot like me.

Other than basketball, what are your hobbies?
I like to go out, see movies, go bowling, play putt-putt, go see friends and family. I also like to watch basketball and football a lot. And of course play my 360.

If you could do anything special for your community, what would it be?
If I ever made a lot of money one day I would like to donate some money to build a nice court somewhere where kids can go play for free. Growing up, my friends and I always had a problem finding a good place to go play. Outside courts suck and the few indoor places we could go play were the YMCA or other places you had to have a membership or pay to play. However there would be rules to the court cause I don’t want it to become run down and over populated. That’s another thing I hated, having 30 people waiting on one court.

What would you say your best qualities are?
I am a thinker. I can do math in my head really well so I usually help my dad promote a lot of things in the shop and take care of his inventory and selling products and stuff like that. I feel like I am a good person. I care about people I am close to and I bend over backwards to help my family and friends out. Also I have good people skills. I can carry a conversation with a stranger for 30 mins. I do it every day at work.

If you were the GM of the Bobcats, what would you do for the next three years?
Well hopefully we can finally win the lottery this year. Getting the #1 pick would help a lot. We need a center. Whether it’s the draft or free agency we have to try to get someone. But I feel like we have some good young talent, so we just need to focus on developing that the next few years and then when we have some money to spend in 2014 hopefully a well known player will want to sign here and play with Kemba, MKG and whoever we draft this year.

Which users on HN are you close to?
Ty, Penny, Rog, Jesse, Danny, Tony and then all the homies in Chatzy or FB Groups.

Message to HN?

Save the trolling for twitter and FB Groups. Try to improve the quality of this site by having intelligent basketball conversations. Also make Sacha an admin. IJS #Sacha2013.

Shoutouts?

Shoutout to the big booty bi***es out there. I see you.
  • Tony Hoops, MaddSkillz, Nina Barklartey and 12 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   Tony Hoops

Tony Hoops

West like Jerry

• Owner
  • 15,746 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Cam is the man. One of the greatest members in HISTORY OF FORUMS ON THE WHOLE DAMN INTERNET!

He will forever be remembered every time I see this crazy dance:

:crazydance: :crazydance: :crazydance: :crazydance: :crazydance: :crazydance:
  • MaddSkillz and Nina Barklartey like this

#3 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,980 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Love you Skillz :D

DxhMH7n.gif

#4 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

I haven't really talked a lot to MaddSkillz or debate with him as he had become inactive in the NBA Nation section soon after I joined.

However, I've read some of his posts from old and new threads and I can realise why everyone talks highly of him.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   MaddSkillz

MaddSkillz

The GOAT of H-N past.

• Members
  • 14,367 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for the interview Enflip. :crazydance:
  • Nina Barklartey and Flip like this

#6 OFFLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,374 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

MaddSkillz is the man! The only one to beat me in a debate fair and square. Great knowledge of the game, great guy! :shakeshout:

#7 OFFLINE   SportsFan93

SportsFan93

Frank Cornelius Jr. aka THE BOAT

• Members
  • 19,584 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

Camantha eh
  • MaddSkillz and Flynn like this

#8 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,994 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

MaddSkillzz = GOAT and thanks for the love bro :)

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#9 OFFLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,426 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

My fav user doe because he tells um but is scared to face me on dat 2k

I always remember Skillz for this emoticon

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

#10 OFFLINE   Nina Barklartey

Nina Barklartey

Bernard King 2.0

• Members
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Fantastic interview enflip-

I didn't ever really get to know you, Maddskillz when the site first opened cuz I wasn't that active-
Then when I came back, it was right at the time that you left the writing team. I remember being really dissapointed about that. I had just gotten on and you were leaving. I had always heard these amazing things about you. I had seen your posts around H-N and it was obvious that you really knew "your stuff".

I still hear amazing things about you and LOVE to read your posts. I was very excited when enflip said that he was going to interview you. I enjoyed reading about you as a person and such an important member here in The Nation.

Thanks for your candor and for taking the time to do this for us-
Much respect,
Nina
:cheers:
  • MaddSkillz likes this
Why do you love this game? :dribble:

#11 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

Look into my eyes, tell me what you see

• Administrators
  • 19,788 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

I beat him in 2k13 then he cried
  • Ben likes this

tumblr_mi0kc5zCws1qgciy4o1_500.jpg

#12 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• Members
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

MaddSkillz is the man! The only one to beat me in a debate fair and square. Great knowledge of the game, great guy! :shakeshout:

I've beaten you in a debate like 3 times man... :nahnahna: :nahnahna:

When did you become a moderator?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 19,788 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I've beaten you in a debate like 3 times man... :nahnahna: :nahnahna:

When did you become a moderator?

A couple days ago, for off-topic and eastern conference

#14 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• Members
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

You are probably the best fit for those two areas on this site. Especially off-topic.
  • TGIA likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 19,788 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

You are probably the best fit for those two areas on this site. Especially off-topic.

Haha thanks. One of the few who haven't had a negative reaction to realizing I'm a mod LOL

#16 OFFLINE   MaddSkillz

MaddSkillz

The GOAT of H-N past.

• Members
  • 14,367 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

#17 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 19,788 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

http://youtu.be/aYmOqPFyJPw

#18 OFFLINE   MaddSkillz

MaddSkillz

The GOAT of H-N past.

• Members
  • 14,367 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3D8f1x5V8

That movie go be GOAT.

#19 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• Members
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Haha thanks. One of the few who haven't had a negative reaction to realizing I'm a mod LOL

Well you're one of the more mature users when serious. And you seem to know when you need to be serious and when its ok to be funny.
  • Nina Barklartey and TGIA like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   Ivan

Ivan

When you flexin it's hard to be humble

• Members
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Great interview. Madd is one of my favorite members on this forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic