Photo

do you think kobe bryant is a top 10 player all-time?

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   Kgainey5

Kgainey5

KG

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

1.) michael jordan
2.) magic johnson
3.) larry bird
4.) kareem abdul-jabbar
5.) wilt chamberlain
6.) hakeem olajuwon
7.) oscar robertson
8.) Kobe Bryant
9.) shaquille o'neal
10.) Bill Russell

Here's my list. I decided to slide Russell down to the 10th spot because I do believe that Shaq is better than him overall. Shaq dominated the game more and was the biggest force ever inside the paint. I also took Tim Duncan out of the top ten and decided to slide him down to the 11th spot. Kobe is at the 8 spot which is extremely reasonable, he deserves to be in the top 10 greatest players. He's done amazing things in his career and still is playing well right now. He also has five championships to go along with it. 

• sm30 likes this

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed."
Micheal Jordan

Posted Image

Posted Image

#162 OFFLINE   Mr. Hottt Head

Mr. Hottt Head

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

This just is confusing to me to see any players  are more talented than certain players when they all are great and many of these legends play different positions.

Career-wise:

1. Jordan (no one will ever catch him for the sole fact that he went 6 for 6 in the finals. Lebron won't because he got the broom against the spurs, Durant won't because of turtle power still being on his team trying to take over)

2. Magic

3. Bird

4. Robertson

5. Kobe

6. Wilt

7. Kareem

8. Bill Russel

9. Shaq

10. Tim Duncan

Now  a alot of the older guys on this list for sure would not have had the numbers they had if they played today because of the amount of talent there is today, but that is a whole different argument which honestly isn't fair.

Talent wise: now im not going to make a top ten, but I will say that I believe this list is way to hard to judge... I mean, who can beat say Kobe or Jordan, one on one, ever? I would say these are the most talented players, BY FAR, offensively and defensively based on individuality. Now if they played it would be close with trash talk and all, but Kobe's superior offense would give him the edge.

Kobe also gets a lot of slack for not passing the ball which i think is the main reason why most either have him in the lower 10 or not on it at all, but I've watched the lakers and bulls throughout the years very much when both played and clearly kobe passed more, but the thing is his teammates never finished half as good as jordan's which then lead to him "jacking up" shots. I could only imagine his fg% if he drove or played inside more like how Jordan or Lebron do, which kobe can clearly still do til this very day at the highest level.

As for Jordan, I can't dent his greatness and career-wise, hands down, he is the greatest. His mid to long shot though isn't close to Kobes is though nor can he make the difficulty of shot's Kobe can.

Between the two, Scoring goes to Kobe, Jordan edges defense and rebounding, Kobe get passing, Jordan gets the leadership and I would see a tie for last/clutch shot depending on the spot of the shot. Foul line and down to Jordan, foul line and up Kobe. In a one on one battle I think Kobe takes it, but these two talent wise are the best individual players.

#163 OFFLINE   King™

King™

Role Player

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Kobe Bryant is not Top 10 all-time!

\

#164 OFFLINE   MaverixFan

MaverixFan

MFFL STRONG

• Members
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

1. Lebron
2. Jordan
3. Bird
4. Magic
5. Wilt
6. Kareem
7. Shaq
8. Kobe
9. Hakeem
10. Duncan

BeFunky_null_2.jpg.jpg

DALLAS MAVERICKS 2014-2015

#165 OFFLINE   WadeCounty

WadeCounty

Role Player

• Banned
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

2. Jordan
3. Bird
4. Magic
5. Wilt
6. Kareem
9. Hakeem

LOL but aren't these guys all "un-athletic bums"?

#166 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• HN Journalists
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

are you one of those fans who think the 02 conference final was fixed? haha!

The refs ADMITTED that it was fixed.

• Bob Loves Ariana and sm30 like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#167 OFFLINE   sm30

sm30

ROCK STAR

• Members
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Kobe Bryant is not Top 10 all-time!

want to share your 10, sine you seem so sure?

1. Lebron
2. Jordan
3. Bird
4. Magic
5. Wilt
6. Kareem
7. Shaq
8. Kobe
9. Hakeem
10. Duncan

really, lebron at 1? his career isn't even over yet.

#168 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

want to share your 10, sine you seem so sure?

really, lebron at 1? his career isn't even over yet.

He thinks that Jordan would average 15 poinbts today and that Irving > Isiah.....................

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#169 OFFLINE   Bob Loves Ariana

Bob Loves Ariana

God Oh God

• Members
  • 11,466 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Kobe is my number 12.

tumblr_m46spfKyzj1rws698o1_500.gif

#170 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• HN Journalists
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

He thinks that Jordan would average 15 poinbts today and that Irving > Isiah.....................

Jordan averaging 15 today? No but he could average like 7 or 8 and be a solid player off the bench lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#171 OFFLINE   sm30

sm30

ROCK STAR

• Members
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Jordan averaging 15 today? No but he could average like 7 or 8 and be a solid player off the bench lol.

wow, you seriously think a prime jordan would play off the bench in today's era?

#172 OFFLINE   Absolute Prophet

Absolute Prophet

Starter

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I still feel that magic is the GLOAT but I think if Kareem played for the Lakers his whole career he probably would've been the GLOAT I still feel that when it comes to basketball Kareem Abdul Jabbar is the best In my opinion

#173 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• HN Journalists
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

wow, you seriously think a prime jordan would play off the bench in today's era?

No. I mean a Jordan RIGHT NOW at his current age.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#174 OFFLINE   celtic fan

celtic fan

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

I still feel that magic is the GLOAT but I think if Kareem played for the Lakers his whole career he probably would've been the GLOAT I still feel that when it comes to basketball Kareem Abdul Jabbar is the best In my opinion

Here's my issue with Kareem as the GOAT player ahead of Jordan... he played with the #1 and #2 all time PG's to ever step on the court. Even if Robertson was at the tail end of his career, he was still a pretty damned good player and very good at setting up the offense.

He won all of his rings playing with either of those 2 guys. In between playing with them he had great individual success and not so great team success. Yes there are factors that DJoker would only be more than happy to point out for his lack of success without either all time GOAT PG's, but the bottom line is Kareem appears to have needed a great PG in order to have great success. It's not a huge knock, but it is a factor to consider IMO.

I gotta give it to Jordan and on my list, Bill Russell ahead of KAJ.

t02snb_jpg_medium.gif

200.gif

#175 OFFLINE   Absolute Prophet

Absolute Prophet

Starter

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Here's my issue with Kareem as the GOAT player ahead of Jordan... he played with the #1 and #2 all time PG's to ever step on the court. Even if Robertson was at the tail end of his career, he was still a pretty damned good player and very good at setting up the offense.

He won all of his rings playing with either of those 2 guys. In between playing with them he had great individual success and not so great team success. Yes there are factors that DJoker would only be more than happy to point out for his lack of success without either all time GOAT PG's, but the bottom line is Kareem appears to have needed a great PG in order to have great success. It's not a huge knock, but it is a factor to consider IMO.

I gotta give it to Jordan and on my list, Bill Russell ahead of KAJ.

Yes but he dominated Highschool and college and in the NBA he dominated both sides of the floor and IMO he played against much better competition the Jordan thats not taking anything from Jordan. Jordan played with Scottie pippen one of the greatest Defenders of all time and people seem to forget when Jordan retired the bulls was still a very good team take Kareem off the Lakers see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users