Brandon Jennings on Kobe Bryant's defense

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

• Global Moderators
  • 19,358 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

"I don't think I've ever seen anybody put that much pressure on a point guard full court for a whole game," Jennings said. "It was probably the best defense somebody's ever played on me since I've been in the league -- just constantly putting pressure on me, touching me, hitting me at all times in the game. He wouldn't let me just catch the ball easy, and I wasn't able to get the ball a lot, so it was pretty difficult."

Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard Score 31 Apiece in Lakers' Romp." ESPN.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Jan. 2013.

Why did it take Kobe Bryant so long to commit to defense....... In any event he's shut down Jennings and Irving in back to back games...Miami is next.

tumblr_ner2atISSi1r3mm52o1_500.gif

"It's raining on all the places we're free to go" - Brandon Heat

#2 OFFLINE   Pusha Key

Pusha Key

• Members
  • 13,825 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

If he can shut down Mario Chalmers hes obviously the greatest defensive player of all time no question.
hey.

#3 OFFLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

• Global Moderators
  • 19,358 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

If he can shut down Mario Chalmers hes obviously the greatest defensive player of all time no question.

Thats too much to ask of him
  • Pusha Key likes this

tumblr_ner2atISSi1r3mm52o1_500.gif

"It's raining on all the places we're free to go" - Brandon Heat

#4 OFFLINE   Tony Hoops

Tony Hoops

West like Jerry

• Owner
  • 15,743 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

It's great to see Kobe finally playing with passion on the defensive end of the floor. This strategy has us 2-0 so far! I hope Kobe continues to put a ton of focus and dedication into stopping the opposing teams best guard. As shown last night and the game before, his passion on defense also motivates the rest of our squad and helps rack up wins!

#5 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,987 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Yeah he's doing good on defense but Lakers fans shouldn't get all hyped up just yet about this 2 games winning streak when they played 2 struggling teams.

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#6 OFFLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Yeah he's doing good on defense but Lakers fans shouldn't get all hyped up just yet about this 2 games winning streak when they played 2 struggling teams.

were hyped because you can actually TELL something changed with the team. If you seen the interviews after the Cavs game their whole attitude is different and on top of that Kobe is starting to realize what needs to be done.

#7 OFFLINE   Flash D3

Flash D3

Gimme 50 million or ima quit

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

POPULAR

HN users know more tho, since everyone here says Kobe cant defend anymore
  • Abdul™, Young Gee, Gaissser and 2 others like this

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Raza 10

Raza 10

Purrrr

• Members
  • 7,949 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Kobe and World Peace COULD be able to shut down any backcourt duo if they're both committed the whole game. My issue is Kobe having to shut down their best player while carrying the load on offense the whole game. If they want this to work throughout the season, they'll need Dwight to have more games like he did last night. They should run the offense through Dwight and let Kobe put in more effort on defense. This way, they'll have lockdown perimeter defense, great scoring through Dwight, and still be able to be fresh for the postseason. Kobe will definitely still get his on offense as well.
  • Abdul™ and Kobes 5th Ring like this

#9 OFFLINE   Abdul™

Abdul™

I ain't a killer but don't push me

• Members
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Kobe has had to put so much effort on offense this season, he's sort of slacked on defense to reserve energy for offense which is why he wasn't "committed on defense". But now with Dwight finally playing like Dwight, Kobe can afford to use up his energy on defense.

#10 OFFLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Kobe and World Peace COULD be able to shut down any backcourt duo if they're both committed the whole game. My issue is Kobe having to shut down their best player while carrying the load on offense the whole game. If they want this to work throughout the season, they'll need Dwight to have more games like he did last night. They should run the offense through Dwight and let Kobe put in more effort on defense. This way, they'll have lockdown perimeter defense, great scoring through Dwight, and still be able to be fresh for the postseason. Kobe will definitely still get his on offense as well.

Kobe-MWP-Earl Clark could be pretty good defensively especially if they are in the same lineup as Dwight

#11 OFFLINE   KKinsey

KKinsey

MVP

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

About damn time.....he finally decided to play D.

#12 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,398 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

About damn time.....he finally decided to play D.

#13 ONLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hes held Jennings to 14 and Irving 15 points in his last 2 games

tumblr_n4v5gpX7NQ1rtequ6o1_500.gif

russell-westbrook-3-and-strut-game-4-aga

#14 ONLINE   PaulTrillsap

PaulTrillsap

Most Influential Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,864 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Jennings is a kobe stan, he thinks kobe is the goat. What he said about kobe's defense doesn't speak much if any volume. And jennings is a 40% shooter, not much of a accomplishment keeping jennings to his season average
  • The Future, airWarrior, ISOMELO and 1 other like this

I'm LeBron Jamesufdup.png you a fukking rookie pacspit.gif

#15 ONLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

LEGENDARY

• Members
  • 8,133 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Jennings is a kobe stan, he thinks kobe is the goat. What he said about kobe's defense doesn't speak much if any volume. And jennings is a 40% shooter, not much of a accomplishment keeping jennings to his season average

Posted Image
OH YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

atbgif.gif

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities. - Bruce Lee

#16 OFFLINE   Real Deal

Real Deal

Heart, Hustle, & Muscle

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Kyrie had an average game. I don't see how 15 points on 47% shooting is being shut down...

I'm not entirely impressed by what he did against Jennings defensively. Jennings is a streaky shooter, who can go off for a horrendous shooting game at any time. He's shot below 30% in 27% of his games this year, so it's not like that was abnormal play from him (he didn't also have the two seasons shooting below 40%). That being said, Kobe did do a heck of a job on him.

It's good to see him more engaged defensively and will be interesting to see how he fairs against LeBron/Wade tonight.

#17 ONLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 18,072 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Kyrie had an average game. I don't see how 15 points on 47% shooting is being shut down...

I'm not entirely impressed by what he did against Jennings defensively. Jennings is a streaky shooter, who can go off for a horrendous shooting game at any time. He's shot below 30% in 27% of his games this year, so it's not like that was abnormal play from him (he didn't also have the two seasons shooting below 40%). That being said, Kobe did do a heck of a job on him.

It's good to see him more engaged defensively and will be interesting to see how he fairs against LeBron/Wade tonight.

He was held to 8 points below his averages and in his first game against the Lakers he had 28/6/11 on 52% shooting and 66% shooting from the three point line.

#18 ONLINE   Nashty

Nashty

Amaterasu

• Members
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Kobe can be a decent defender when he tries, but making Jennings shoot to about 40% isn't that impressive IMO.

Monta also had a horrible night shooting that game, Did Nash shut him down? Is he the greatest PG defender?

Wade had one of his best games of the seasons against Kobe and co. on Thursday. I guess Kobe couldn't do anything about it.

Jennings is just a big fan of Kobe. Ppl on HN are not the only ones who say that Kobe has been bad defensively these last couple of seasons, you can see it on Bballbreakdown too, Bruce Blitz vids (eventhough, he is clearly a kobe hater) he provides proof on how Kobe just hasn't been good at all on D.

tumblr_mqpazvI1hh1sym0a4o1_500.gif

tumblr_nbdynoT22Q1tifa8io1_500.gif

#19 ONLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Kobe can be a decent defender when he tries, but making Jennings shoot to about 40% isn't that impressive IMO.

Monta also had a horrible night shooting that game, Did Nash shut him down? Is he the greatest PG defender?

Wade had one of his best games of the seasons against Kobe and co. on Thursday. I guess Kobe couldn't do anything about it.

Jennings is just a big fan of Kobe. Ppl on HN are not the only ones who say that Kobe has been bad defensively these last couple of seasons, you can see it on Bballbreakdown too, Bruce Blitz vids (eventhough, he is clearly a kobe hater) he provides proof on how Kobe just hasn't been good at all on D.

http://thehoopdoctor...ningssnake1.jpg

and

http://lakersblog.la...rew-league.html

IJS

tumblr_n4v5gpX7NQ1rtequ6o1_500.gif

russell-westbrook-3-and-strut-game-4-aga

#20 OFFLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Because anybody who says something good about Kobe is a Kobe Stan LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users