• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Absolute Prophet

Absolute Prophet

Starter

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Do you all still think he will dominate when he is in his 30s the reason I say 30s is because those are the years where your athleticism starts to decline a bit but he passes like a point guard he has a solid jumper he is a good defender and has a good post game and a high basketball IQ what do you guys think will he still dominate

#2 ONLINE   Bob Loves Ariana

Bob Loves Ariana

God Oh God

• Members
  • 12,139 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Vince Carter is still averaging 10 pts a game.

LeBron's skill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vince's skill

Therefore when/if LeBron loses his athleticism I think he could still drop 20 a game.

xkx9mz7.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

Dominate? No.

The thing is, how is it possible to lose such athleticism? It's not just the leaping ability...
I think James will have the athleticism advantage for many many years.

@Bob Loves Joey C

At LeBron - Carter thing... no. The difference is not that big and if it wasn't for James' court vision and passing, I'd give the edge to Vince as his shooting and his versatility when it comes to scoring >> James'.
JMO.
  • Elite Greatness likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Absolute Prophet

Absolute Prophet

Starter

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

Vince Carter is still averaging 10 pts a game.

LeBron's skill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vince's skill

Therefore when/if LeBron loses his athleticism I think he could still drop 20 a game.

Just 20 I dont know about that one I believe he could still average 25 or 26 a game in his 30s he just has to keep developing his jumper unless he wants to switch to a full time point guard and Average a double double every game.

Dominate? No.

The thing is, how is it possible to lose such athleticism? It's not just the leaping ability...

@Bob Loves Joey C

At LeBron - Carter thing... no. The difference is not that big and if it wasn't for James' court vision and passing, I'd give the edge to Vince as his shooting and his versatitility when it comes to scoring >> James'.
JMO.

He could still dominate a game its not just his scoring its his court vision and his passing abilities I could see 25/8/7

Dominate? No.

@Bob Loves Joey C

At LeBron - Carter thing... no. The difference is not that big and if it wasn't for James' court vision and passing, I'd give the edge to Vince as his shooting and his versatitility when it comes to scoring >> James'.
JMO.

And when you look at old players that lost some of their atleticism like Jordan Kobe they still were really good players

#5 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

He could still dominate a game its not just his scoring its his court vision and his passing abilities I could see 25/8/7

And when you look at old players that lost some of their atleticism like Jordan Kobe they still were really good players

Then, it depends on how much of his athleticism he'll lose.

And don't compare the offensive repertoire of James with that of Jordan and Kobe...
25/8/7 for a LeBron without his athleticism? Lol. Those are like his current stats.
  • Nashty likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

First of all I gotta athleticism isn't all about jumping, or all about speed...
Let's see what he loses athletically, first, along the years, a guy like Dr. J was able to retain plenty of his athleticism in his 30's, for example.

LeBron has plenty of skill but he must keep improving in some areas if he wants to still dominate when/if he loses a good amount of athleticism.

Yeah but those two are/were more versatile scorers, LeBron is yet to reach the level of scoring game they had in areas such as postgame, triple threat moves, jumpshooting, not saying he's bad but no on their level.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Then, it depends on how much of his athleticism he'll lose.

And don't compare the offensiv repertoire of James with that of Jordan and Kobe...
25/8/7 for a LeBron without his athleticism? Lol. Those are like his current stats.

Yeah, let's say he loses plenty of athleticism (which I doubt it happens), he wouldn't see players sagging off affraid of his driving more than his shooting, he wouldn't draw as many double teams on his way to the basket enabling him to kick it, he wouldn't be the same beast in transition, he would've had to use more fundamentals for rebounding, he would lose defensive ability... That could hurt him in all areas of his game, sure he could still be a great player but he wouldn't dominate like he does now or close, if he didn't adapt/adjust and improve.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,420 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

LOL at Lebron not being an extraordinarily skilled player. He's one of the best ball-handlers, slashers, finishers, and versatile defenders in the history of the game. He's far above average as a shooter and post player as well. Not to mention court vision and basketball IQ which are passive skills.

Lebron deep into his 30's could still average 22/8/8 or the whereabouts. Plus a player as athletic as him will never be nonathletic.
  • Ben likes this

#9 ONLINE   Bob Loves Ariana

Bob Loves Ariana

God Oh God

• Members
  • 12,139 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Dominate? No.

@Bob Loves Joey C

JMO.

LeBron's basketball IQ and ability to play multiple positions is what will set him apart from Carter. LeBron can play PG-PF, Vince can't,

xkx9mz7.jpg

#10 OFFLINE   Absolute Prophet

Absolute Prophet

Starter

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

First of all I gotta athleticism isn't all about jumping, or all about speed...
Let's see what he loses athletically, first, along the years, a guy like Dr. J was able to retain plenty of his athleticism in his 30's, for example.

LeBron has plenty of skill but he must keep improving in some areas if he wants to still dominate when/if he loses a good amount of athleticism.

Yeah but those two are/were more versatile scorers, LeBron is yet to reach the level of scoring game they had in areas such as postgame, triple threat moves, jumpshooting, not saying he's bad but no on their level.

But its not all about scoring magic wasnt known for his scoring but for his passing and still dominated when he was in his 30s Offense is not just about scoring you have to also orchestrate the offense and lebron does that pretty well

#11 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

LeBron's basketball IQ and ability to play multiple positions is what will set him apart from Carter. LeBron can play PG-PF, Vince can't,

Without his athleticism he wouldn't be able to play PF.

And the fact that he can play PG is because of his court vision and passing. Something Vince didn't have. I acknowledge that.

But in terms of fundamentals, Vince > James.
  • Elite Greatness likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#12 ONLINE   Team Player

Team Player

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

I think Lebron can play this hyper athletic style for another 3 years, but then I think he should move to the 4 full time. He'll be at a slight size disadvantage, but he'll be quicker and more athletic than a lot of 4's for another few years.

I mean if Karl Malone, who Lebron is similar to interns of built and work ethic (both take great care of their bodies) could run the floor hard for almost 20 years, I think Lebron could be similar.

When he exsists his prime I think he can still be a 20-23 point, 7 or 8 rebound, 5-7 assists type of player (I expect his FG% to dip a few, maybe even 5 or 6 points though).

#13 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

LOL at Lebron not being an extraordinarily skilled player. He's one of the best ball-handlers, slashers, finishers, and versatile defenders in the history of the game. He's far above average as a shooter and post player as well. Not to mention court vision and basketball IQ which are passive skills.

Lebron deep into his 30's could still average 22/8/8 or the whereabouts. Plus a player as athletic as him will never be nonathletic.

Those skills are directly linked with athleticism.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   LeBron Said™

LeBron Said™

3 Rings

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

LeBron won't lose his athleticism till his late 30's so it doesn't really matter.

.2zzlx0j.jpg

#3Rings

#15 OFFLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,420 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Those skills are directly linked with athleticism.

No they aren't... his ability to protect the ball, maneuver around defenses, and finish acrobatically at the rim with both hands and all angles are all acquired skills. As is defensive awareness, man defense, help defense (knowing when to help?) etc.

#16 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

No they aren't... his ability to protect the ball, maneuver around defenses, and finish acrobatically at the rim with both hands and all angles are all acquired skills. As is defensive awareness, man defense, help defense (knowing when to help?) etc.

Finish acrobatically? He's not Manu - he doesn't do it that often. But a part of it is hangtime which is athleticism.
Also, man to man defense has much to do with strong legs. I don't say every aspect of defense is about athleticism.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   Penny

Penny

no quiero nada más sin vos

• Members
  • 9,830 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Derek Fisher has good defensive awareness and knows where to be at all times on the defensive end, but he couldn't defend a tadpole.

Being able to maneuver around defenses relies on athleticism. When you're 33 years old, have 15 years behind you of pro-ball and weigh 260 lbs it's a lot harder than when you're 27 years old and have 9 years of pro-ball behind you. I can see him retaining that skill but not to the level it's at now.

Being able to finish with both hands at all angles are acquired skills. Being able to get to the rim in the first place and do so "acrobatically", are skills that rely on athleticism.

I see LeBron averaging around 21/6/6 on around 48% at 34.
  • Saint Nick C and Nashty like this

2q0kf2b.png

#18 ONLINE   xK1NGxCURRY

xK1NGxCURRY

#OctoberTogether

• Members
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Yes Lebron will still be able to dominate. When Kobe began to lose his athleticism he developed a better jumper and a post game. Lebron is shooting over 40% on 3's this year and his post game has been unguardable for the last 2 years I would say he is already preparing for IF he loses his athleticism. Did Jordan ever really lose his athleticism? I say no I mean the guy was 40 playing for the Wizards dunking and one of the most athletic guys on the court. Lebron won't lose his athleticism till late 30's/40's the reason guys lose their athleticism is more because they have done damage to their knees through injuries and then have surgery. Lebron has never had a surgery on anything.
For the cheese like nacho I pull up on a nigga pronto
Posted Image
GSL Warriors GM #FullSquad HNL Celtics GM #BossTown

#19 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Plus a player as athletic as him will never be nonathletic.

Or remotely close to it imo

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#20 OFFLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

LeBron won't lose his athleticism till his late 30's so it doesn't really matter.

really because I got out my crystal ball and it said otherwise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users