Photo

When Lebron James loses His Atleticism

• Please log in to reply

#41 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future
  • #RipCity #brehsquad

• 24,447 posts

He'll still be in conversation for top players in the world.

tumblr_n14mx0Ho7J1qbqbieo2_400.gif

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

#42 OFFLINE   Absolute Prophet

Absolute Prophet

He isn't. Kobe's stats have noticeably dropped from his peak.

It's ok guys, you're right. LeBron is going to be the first player in NBA History to not decline statistically!

Im not saying that he wont decline im just saying h could still average 25 7 and 7 in his 30s or 24 7 and 7

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

#43 OFFLINE   KKinsey

KKinsey
  • I'm Awesome likes this
He'll lose his hair before he loses his athletism.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

#44 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13
  • Basketballholic

• 23,130 posts

He'll lose his hair before he loses his athletism.

Great point.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

#45 OFFLINE   LikeABosh

LikeABosh
  • Chicano

• 32,963 posts

what if he never does lose his athleticism?

Posted Image

29805413-funny-.gif

bImpO.gif

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

#46 OFFLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C
  • YOU REACH. I TEACH.

• 7,026 posts

• LikeABosh, The Future and The Logo like this

what if he never does lose his athleticism?

Posted Image

Fat people will rejoice?

He'll get this guy another sandwich?

He'll cure Deron Williams' wave comb over?

Uh... He'll watch a Celtics vs. Nets game?

I don't get it.

ZSMLiso.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
Mark Twain

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

#47 ONLINE   Raza 10

Raza 10
He'll adapt throughout his career. He relies on his athleticism so much right now is because he has it all at top form. It would be a waste of his talent to not use it now, instead choosing to try to take a playstyle that doesn't rely on athleticism so much. Lebron is a tank. He is in 100% perfect shape. 30 typically is the age where people drop off but Lebron is something special. He WILL lose athleticism but I think it will be pretty gradual. He won't have to make any drastic changes to his game, he can do it over time to become more of a jumpshooting scorer and post player, which is kind of where he's showing us to be improving anyway. He will age over time, and adjust over time. I see no reason (except major injury) why Lebron can't average 25 PPG at age 33.

Keep in mind that 30 is considered "old" for just sports like basketball. 30s are the ages where regular people can hit their lifetime peaks in fitness. I'm not saying Lebron will be in the best shape of his life at 30, but it's very possible that he doesn't lose too much by then. This is Lebron's 10th season in the NBA and he has shown absolutely no signs of slowing down athletically. We can't just assume that once he hits 30, he'll approach this magic wall that saps away his athleticism. It's clear Lebron is one of a kind. We can't assume he will rapidly lose it until we start seeing him significantly lose it.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

#48 OFFLINE   Penny

Penny
  • no quiero nada más sin vos

• 9,722 posts

Im not saying that he wont decline im just saying h could still average 25 7 and 7 in his 30s or 24 7 and 7

Which is what he's more or less averaging now.

He'll go from 26/8/6 to 25/7/7? that's not a decline.

2i6jvag.png

.Gay.Thomas.Cousins.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

#49 OFFLINE   Nashty

Nashty
  • Suit up!

• 6,121 posts

LOL @ the thought of Lebron averaging 26/8/7 in his mid 30s.

lYLRK.jpg BpgYi.jpg

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

#50 OFFLINE   Absolute Prophet

Absolute Prophet

Which is what he's more or less averaging now.

He'll go from 26/8/6 to 25/7/7? that's not a decline.

Usually he averages 27 7 and 7 While karl malone was in his 30s he still averaged high rebounds lebron is allready better then Malone and is a very good rebounder so why wouldnt he average atleast 7 rebounds while in his 30s \And just to let you know kobe is 34 averaging 30

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

#51 ONLINE   Poohdini

Poohdini
  • Air Gordon

• 9,408 posts

he better hope that jumper is reliable

iU9lTC9rSX9lC.gif

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

#52 OFFLINE   FryingPan

FryingPan
  • Intimidation

• 1,869 posts

Usually he averages 27 7 and 7 While karl malone was in his 30s he still averaged high rebounds lebron is allready better then Malone and is a very good rebounder so why wouldnt he average atleast 7 rebounds while in his 30s \And just to let you know kobe is 34 averaging 30

Two things.First,Lebron is nowhere the rebounder Karl Malone was,and second,Malone had a genius behind him with the name of John Stockton that would give you an easy layup even if you were an old fart.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

#53 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo
  • Pacers logo only for the playoffs

• 16,354 posts

I think he'll still be able to be a top 10 player in the league even when he loses his athleticism. He has a developed jumper and is much more effective and craftier at getting an open shot for himself than he was a few years ago. I think he won't decline until he's around like 32-33. Even then he'll probably average like 20/6/7 IMO.

oldtimers.png

HNL: Bulls GM

S2: 20-62 | S3: 51-31 (Lost to Braves 4-3 in Semi Finals; GMOY) | S3: 52-30 (Lost to 76ers 4-3 in First Round) | S4: 53-24

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome Guest!

Hello and welcome to our forums, Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. You may be required to register to be able to discuss and communicate with other members of our community.