• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TGIA

TGIA

Look into my eyes, tell me what you see

• Administrators
  • 20,087 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

DALLAS — Jeremy Lin didn’t hesitate with an honest answer when asked if he feels like an All-Star.
“Uh, no,” he said softly after another choppy performance Wednesday night as the Houston Rockets lost for a fifth consecutive time, unable to claw all the way back from 15 points down despite several chances late to go ahead.
Lin nearly redeemed a poorly played game with a 14-point fourth quarter, but he missed one of his two free throw attempts on two critical trips to the free-throw line in the final two minutes. A badly executed pass in the paint down three with 14.9 seconds to go for his fourth turnover essentially sealed a 105-100 victory for the suddenly surging Dallas Mavericks, who have won four in a row.
“If I could hit a free throw,” said Lin, who was 6-for-10 from the stripe, “it’d be nice.”
It’s been that kind of season for Lin in his first with the Rockets, who also happen to be the host for the Feb. 17 All-Star Game at Toyota Center. While it’s James Harden – unable to salvage his own brutal shooting night with an aggressive fourth quarter that ended with two failed drives to the rim — who can make a strong case for consideration to be an All-Star starter (although he doesn’t have the fan votes), it is Lin who is being afforded the possibility.
If enough Linsanity fans on at least two continents stuffed the All-Star ballot boxes and cyber boxes in the final weeks of fan voting that ended on Monday night, the former New York Knicks player and first American-born NBA player of Chinese or Taiwanese descent could become a Western Conference All-Star starter while bumping MVP candidate Chris Paul to the bench.
Starters for both conferences will be announced Thursday night at 7 p.m. ET on TNT. At last count two weeks ago, Lin was in third place among West guards, well behind Kobe Bryant, but only about 46,000 votes behind the Clipperssensational CP3, who is averaging 16.8 points and ranks second in the league in assists and first in steals, while pacing his team to a 30-9 record.
“That’s the furthest thing from my mind, to be honest, being on a five-game losing streak,” Lin said after finishing with 19 points and four assists, numbers that blurred a five-point night on 2-for-9 shooting through three quarters. “I don’t even care right now, I’m just trying to get a win.”
The Rockets dropped to 21-19 on the heels of racing to a season-best seven games over .500 despite a deficient defense, but a team-oriented, jet-pack offense that has challenged West-leading Oklahoma City all season as the league’s top-scoring outfit.
Lately, the offense has sputtered and Lin, averaging 12.3 points and 6.3 assists on the season — and shooting an abysmal 27.6 percent from beyond the arc — hasn’t matched any of those numbers during the losing streak.
If Lin sneaks past Paul as a starter, the West coaches who pick the seven reserves will have CP3 at the top of their lists. But a deserving guard among a slew of them producing at an All-Star caliber — from Harden to Russell Westbrook to Tony Parker to Jamal Crawford to Stephen Curry to even rookie Damian Lillard – will unfairly be left off the 12-man roster.
Such is the risk of a fan vote, and especially one that draws from an international fan base.
“I would say I’m doing OK,” Lin said. “But I know I’m capable of more, I know I’m better than what I’ve shown throughout the first half of the season.”
Hardly the tone of an All-Star.
Which is why Lin never hesitated with an honest answer to the question.

http://hangtime.blog...ke-an-all-star/

RixJyal.gif

#2 ONLINE   Bay

Bay

Gotta Survive

• Administrators
  • 17,802 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

He hasn't even played like a top 15 PG let alone all star...

There will never be peace

trap2.gif

#3 OFFLINE   Dante

Dante

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 7,989 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Who cares what the fans want. He shouldn't be at the game period.
  • Bay and Moe like this

Freddie-Gibbs-Madlib.jpg?resize=500%2C29

#4 OFFLINE   Flip

Flip

• Members
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, he's scrubby!

#5 ONLINE   xK1NGxCURRY

xK1NGxCURRY

#OctoberTogether

• Members
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

I remember when J-Lin said that we can't call him bad because of "race" if he plays in the all star game it will be strictly of the fact he is asian.. very hypocritical in my opinion if he gets voted in he should opt to not play.
For the cheese like nacho I pull up on a nigga pronto
Posted Image
GSL Warriors GM #FullSquad HNL Celtics GM #BossTown

#6 ONLINE   Dash

Dash

HNL Co-Commish

• Members
  • 10,858 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Yeah, he's scrubby!

No.

#7 OFFLINE   Flip

Flip

• Members
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

No.

To me, he is. Which is why I didn't buy into the Linsanity hype. He's just okay and he even said it himself.

#8 OFFLINE   AGOVA

AGOVA

Peaceful warrior

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

At least he is honest and humble and admits his mistakes and flaws.

mmznmr.png

o70vhw.png

We found dope in a dopeless place.

#9 ONLINE   Dash

Dash

HNL Co-Commish

• Members
  • 10,858 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

To me, he is. Which is why I didn't buy into the Linsanity hype. He's just okay and he even said it himself.

You realize he was playing at an All-Star level 20ish games into his career right? No sane fan bought the Linsanity crap. However, calling a top 20 PG scrubby and then backtracking to just 'okay' when the guy is in his 3rd year with little game experience, but was leading his struggling team to wins on big time performances is off base.

#10 OFFLINE   RickyRubio

RickyRubio

You don't get there by just wishing -"Pistol" Pete

• Banned
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

He should get in he deserves it the fans love him
Posted Image

#11 ONLINE   Bay

Bay

Gotta Survive

• Administrators
  • 17,802 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Wtf? The asians love him. If Iranians had internet to vote, or whatever reasons they don't vote for (probably the fact that basketball isn't too popular there), Hamed Haddadi could be in the god damn all-star game too, and he plays like 4 MPG... you agree with that?
  • TDot likes this

There will never be peace

trap2.gif

#12 OFFLINE   RickyRubio

RickyRubio

• Banned
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Wtf? The asians love him. If Iranians had internet to vote, or whatever reasons they don't vote for (probably the fact that basketball isn't too popular there), Hamed Haddadi could be in the god damn all-star game too, and he plays like 4 MPG... you agree with that?

Never said he was good enough he just had enough fan support... It's a fan vote
Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

:: Legendary ::

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Lin had an open look for a three that would've tied the game last night but instead he decided to drive, pick up his dribble, and turn the ball over. Not really the confidence or play I expect from my starting point guard. In my opinion, he's having a really hard year. I expected a lot more than 12 pts and 6 assists per game from him. I mean, I was thinking he would be good for 18 and 8, especially in that offensive system where the team is averaging the most points in the NBA. If he was shooting a higher 3% it would help out a lot ... didn't know he was at 27% that's "turrribelll."

#14 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Lin has a lot more talent than he is showing and he more than earned his status as a fan favourite based on what he did in NY and the story he has to tell. I can;t begrudge him anything after what he did for the Knicks and he will come good in Houston, mark my words.

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#15 OFFLINE   TGIA

TGIA

Look into my eyes, tell me what you see

• Administrators
  • 20,087 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Fans have 0% say in who the bench players are, unless you think he deserves to start over CP3 because of fan voting (even though CP3 is getting more votes).

RixJyal.gif

#16 OFFLINE   RickyRubio

RickyRubio

• Banned
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Fans have 0% say in who the bench players are, unless you think he deserves to start over CP3 because of fan voting (even though CP3 is getting more votes).

Oh I thought the fans decided the bench as well
Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

He's not even talking like he's confident, you gotta be confident if you wana play better...

#18 OFFLINE   Mraz

Mraz

They call me Sasquatch, Please check the watch.

• Members
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

He's doing us good, apart from the turnovers and the bad shots, he's still a good player, can't wait to see when he actually gets used to playing in Houston with Harden and once we get another big man, he'll do well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users