#1 OFFLINE   Team Player

Team Player

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

1.) Who had a better peak/prime?

2.) Who had the better career/legacy?

3.) Where do you have them ranked all time (or which would you rank higher)?

#2 OFFLINE   xK1NGxCURRY

xK1NGxCURRY

#OctoberTogether

• 2,341 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

KG without a doubt, David Robinson was a great player and has a very inspirational story but KG might be the best PF of all time at the very least top 3.

For the cheese like nacho I pull up on a nigga pronto
BruisedMisguidedGossamerwingedbutterfly.
GSL Warriors GM #FullSquad HNL Celtics GM #BossTown

#3 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,848 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

KG without a doubt, David Robinson was a great player and has a very inspirational story but KG might be the best PF of all time at the very least top 3.

:OhRlly:

On a serious note... I'd say KG but very very close.

Robinson is a player who has suffered most from one series... ever. That series literally crushed his legacy and what people thought of him. They're a push in almost everything....IMO Robinson may have a case though.
  • TeoTheGreek13 likes this

DxhMH7n.gif

#4 ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Starter

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

1. KG...no doubt...he was a beast and nearly unstoppable in his prime offensively and defensively. Robinson was more of a scorer. KG had the perfect balance of both.

2. KG

3. I have KG in my top 15 of all time. Robinson in top 20 of all time.

#5 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,848 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

1. KG...no doubt...he was a beast and nearly unstoppable in his prime offensively and defensively. Robinson was more of a scorer. KG had the perfect balance of both.

C'mon man...

Robinson was legit defensively... dude could contain O'Neal decently, was a former Defensive Player Of The Year (had case for few more) and so on.

DxhMH7n.gif

#6 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

1) Garnett had the better prime and peak because of his leadership and intangibles in general. Talent wise, it's Robinson if you ask me (monster scorer, all-time great defender, beast on the boards, good teammate etc) but Garnett is up there too. One of the most impactful defenders in the history of the game, one of the best -if not THE best- passer in his position, clutch and his passion for the game is up there at the top tier. His energy his hustle, his motor, his leadership... just a player on whom you can rely on in order to chase a championship ring.

2) Garnett will have -and already has- the better legacy and career overall, despite David winning one more championship. Their accolades are similar apart from the all-defense teams were Robinson had to face Hakeem...
Also, Garnett will go down as a top 3 PF in history, while Robinson is somewhere in the tail of the centers' top 10 (although the league had more great centers than PFs). I think that it hurts Robinson's legacy the fact that he people always remember him for his failure as MVP and as the #1 player of a favorite to win it all, against Hakeem. That was a total domination by Hakeem. I think that their true legacies ain't far apart. Robinson is ultra underrated IMO. One of the greatest all around centers. He just didn't have that leadership.

3) I don't have a list but if I had Garnett would be higher.

All in all, I believe that Robinson gets overlooked and underrated, but still the arguably big edge, goes to Garnett.
Longevity, intangibles, all-around game... but mainly the intangibles give it to KG.

Both are awesome and two of my favorite players to watch throughout history.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   xK1NGxCURRY

xK1NGxCURRY

#OctoberTogether

• 2,341 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

:OhRlly:

On a serious note... I'd say KG but very very close.

Robinson is a player who has suffered most from one series... ever. That series literally crushed his legacy and what people thought of him. They're a push in almost everything....IMO Robinson may have a case though.

Other than Tim Duncan who might be better than KG? If KG can be considered a top 3 PF(I have him at 2) than a case can be made for him to be the greatest PF ever therefore "he might be the greatest PF ever."

#8 OFFLINE   Tony Hops

Tony Hops

Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII

• Banned
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

This is hard. I'll take Garnett simply because he was an absolute monster in his prime averaging 24-14-6! And on the defensive end he was and still is an absolute anchor.
Give me an address I WILL COME TO YOU.

#9 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,848 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Other than Tim Duncan who might be better than KG? If KG can be considered a top 3 PF(I have him at 2) than a case can be made for him to be the greatest PF ever therefore "he might be the greatest PF ever."

Karl Malone, Charles Barkley and Bob Pettit... maybe Dirk when it's all said and done.
  • celtic fan likes this

DxhMH7n.gif

#10 OFFLINE   xK1NGxCURRY

xK1NGxCURRY

#OctoberTogether

• 2,341 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Karl Malone, Charles Barkley and Bob Pettit... maybe Dirk when it's all said and done.

First 2 don't have a ring gotta have at least 1. Dirk plays no defense. And I don't about Bob Pettit..

#11 ONLINE   Pusha Key

Pusha Key

• Members
  • 13,825 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Robinson was an absolute monster offensively in his prime.

However overall imo its KG
hey.

#12 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,848 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

First 2 don't have a ring gotta have at least 1. Dirk plays no defense. And I don't about Bob Pettit..

First 2 played in Jordan's era.

I'll give you the claim on Dirk. However, Dirk has shown that he doesn't need two other Hall of Fame players to carry him offensively to a title.

Huh... I knew what you were gonna say something in these lines about Bob.. after all, he's the skinny 6'9 PF who beat a Russell led Celtics which was a very easy task to do. Oh, wait...
  • Ambod Lion likes this

DxhMH7n.gif

#13 OFFLINE   xK1NGxCURRY

xK1NGxCURRY

#OctoberTogether

• 2,341 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

I'll give you the claim on Dirk. However, Dirk has shown that he doesn't need two other Hall of Fame players to carry him offensively to a title.

Huh... I knew what you were gonna say something in these lines about Bob.. after all, he's the skinny 6'9 PF who beat a Russell led Celtics which was a very easy task to do. Oh, wait...

Doesn't matter who's era you play in, Jordan retired for 2 years and Hakeem took advantage those 2 didn't. Neither was ever on the level of KG defensively also. And as for Bob Pettit I literally don't know anything about it besides the fact he was a great player in his era so I got no comment on him.

#14 OFFLINE   Ambod Lion

Ambod Lion

aka Ambodius

• Members
  • 10,297 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Did people miss Robinson's peak/prime?

I'd lean Robinson peak/prime

KG takes legacy/career

Both probably 15-20....as the list is ever changing, ever being reassesed
  • celtic fan, Bball_Jones and Team Player like this
Basketball_Jones, on 31 May 2012 - 01:21 PM, said Bird in his prime was unfckwitable
Wanna read/hear my Sports takes? Go to www.gamesofinches.com

#15 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I have Duncan and Malone ahead of Garnett, and I love KG. Barkley and Pettit also have a case. KG's #3 in my book though.
  • celtic fan likes this

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#16 OFFLINE   Ambod Lion

Ambod Lion

aka Ambodius

• Members
  • 10,297 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

haha epic post right here. I'da given you all my likes for the day if I could

Yes playing in the Jordan era means, unless you were Hakeem when he was out, you effectively have 0 rings (unless you were on his team).

Dirk true about not needing other offensive players but he did need Tyson Chandler and a rather scurvy cast of decent parts....

KG was further from his TRUE peak when he won his 'ship but was still quite formidible on BOTH sides of the floor (he had a VERY good case for MVP until he missed a few weeks with an AB Stain he was leading) when he won his ring, and its not like he didn't score he just didn't really need to.

Yea Russell and the Celtics were bums....everyone beat them hahahaha

I have Duncan and Malone ahead of Garnett, and I love KG.

Agreed but neither by a ton and Malone is 'catchable' for KG while I don't think barring the biggest miracles ever for the Celtics that Duncan is

Doesn't matter who's era you play in, Jordan retired for 2 years and Hakeem took advantage those 2 didn't. Neither was ever on the level of KG defensively also. And as for Bob Pettit I literally don't know anything about it besides the fact he was a great player in his era so I got no comment on him.

Blasphemy, if you played against Russell or Jordan you basically LOST as they both OWNED a respective ERA....

This is why I have them, with Kareem in my top 3 (MJ, Kareem, Russell IMO)
Basketball_Jones, on 31 May 2012 - 01:21 PM, said Bird in his prime was unfckwitable

#17 OFFLINE   xK1NGxCURRY

xK1NGxCURRY

#OctoberTogether

• 2,341 posts

I have Duncan and Malone ahead of Garnett, and I love KG.

I got Duncan but just because Malone has no rings I have KG over him just my opinion. I don't think rings are tremendously important but I think you have to have 1.

#18 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

KG's probably higher all time but people underrating D-Rob.

1. As far as prime/peak I would probably pick Robinson if I could go with either, really close though.

2. Career is KG

3. KG probably top 15 and Robinson top 20, but yeah they're around top 15/20...

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#19 OFFLINE   Team Player

Team Player

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Did people miss Robinson's peak/prime?

I'd lean Robinson peak/prime

KG takes legacy/career

Both probably 15-20....as the list is ever changing, ever being reassesed

I agree with this.

In their prime I think Robinson is better. Prime Robinson led the league in scoring and usually scored 24-29ppg compared to KG's 20-24. Rebounding is a wash, passing goes to KG, defense is close, but Robinson was one of the best shot blockers ever, got an unsual amount of steals too for a big man and did everything well defensively. I'm leaning to Robinson.

Legacy goes to KG because he was because of intangibles and his longevity.

#20 OFFLINE   Ambod Lion

Ambod Lion

aka Ambodius

• Members
  • 10,297 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

I agree with this.

In their prime I think Robinson is better. Prime Robinson led the league in scoring and usually scored 24-29ppg compared to KG's 20-24. Rebounding is a wash, passing goes to KG, defense is close, but Robinson was one of the best shot blockers ever, got an unsual amount of steals too for a big man and did everything well defensively. I'm leaning to Robinson.

Legacy goes to KG because he was because of intangibles and his lonegvity.

Yep that's how I saw it. Both very close, but peak/prime Robinson had a 3 year stretch slightly better than peakprime Garnett and KG longevity and perception career wise will be better, even defensively they were very close

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users