David Robinson vs. Kevin Garnett

42 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   celtic fan

celtic fan

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 6,426 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

All I'm saying is their was 2 years when they were both in their primes and Jordan was not playing that they could've won. Also didn't Malone play till like 2004? I think he had plenty of opportunities himself to get a ring including playing with Shaq and Kobe.

have you looked at the Jazz roster of the 90's? it was far below average after Stockton... until they got Jeff Hornacek as a reliable 3rd man and BOOM 2 trips to the finals. They also lost to the eventual NBA champion Rockets as well, which is what ever team that faced them did for those 2 years.

Malone was charged with carrying those teams, especially the scoring load nearly on his own. Yes Stockton delivered the ball, played excellent defense on the perimeter, but it was Malone that was the main guy on offense and every team knew it come playoff time.

t02snb_jpg_medium.gif

200.gif

#42 OFFLINE   #1 Euroleague

#1 Euroleague

Superstar

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Other than Tim Duncan who might be better than KG? If KG can be considered a top 3 PF(I have him at 2) than a case can be made for him to be the greatest PF ever therefore "he might be the greatest PF ever."

Malone.

have you looked at the Jazz roster of the 90's? it was far below average after Stockton... until they got Jeff Hornacek as a reliable 3rd man and BOOM 2 trips to the finals. They also lost to the eventual NBA champion Rockets as well, which is what ever team that faced them did for those 2 years.

Malone was charged with carrying those teams, especially the scoring load nearly on his own. Yes Stockton delivered the ball, played excellent defense on the perimeter, but it was Malone that was the main guy on offense and every team knew it come playoff time.

you realize you're responding to someone asking Malone to carry a team to rings at age 36-40?

#43 OFFLINE   sm30

sm30

ROCK STAR

• Members
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Other than Tim Duncan who might be better than KG? If KG can be considered a top 3 PF(I have him at 2) than a case can be made for him to be the greatest PF ever therefore "he might be the greatest PF ever."

i'd put tim duncan and karl malone ahead of kevin garnett. jmo. and kg is already ahead of barkley in my book, but not by much.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users