• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

I get it I really do. It would be the best bench ever but with Lakers' first five and a great bench also,not as great as NY's but good, I think the Lakers win it in a 7-game series...

Jason Kidd > Steve Nash (Kidd is a better rebounder & defender, Nash is a better shooter, & the passing is even)
Kobe Bryant > Iman Shumpert (Self explanatory, but Shump will do his best)
Carmelo Anthony > Ron Artest (But Artest will slow him down)

Amar'e Stoudemire > Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard > Tyson Chandler (Slightly, because of his athleticism)

dxmuN.jpg

#42 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Jason Kidd > Steve Nash (Kidd is a better rebounder & defender, Nash is a better shooter, & the passing is even)
Kobe Bryant > Iman Shumpert (Self explanatory, but Shump will slow him down)
Carmelo Anthony > Ron Artest (Self explanatory, but Artest will slow him down)
Dwight Howard = Tyson Chandler (D12 is better offensively, but Tyson has shut him down before)

WHAAAAT???
J-Kidd is most certenly not a better player than Nash is....Not in a million years.2 MVPs and future first ballot HoF. One of the best PGs/shooters ever. And Nash is a better passer
Kobe in his prime is unstoppable...I mean he can be stopped but Shump even tho he is prob. my fav. player right now has no chance...
Carmelo(who idk if he hit his prime even,we will se if he ever wins a ring) is better than Ron but All-Star Ron is one of the best ever on-ball defenders
And Tyson even tho I love him to death han no chance against the monster that D12 is...Come on you can't be serious...
And Amar'e in his prime is not better than Pau in his prime who was more versitale and without him the repeat of the Lakers would never happen...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#43 OFFLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• Members
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

WHAAAAT???
J-Kidd is most certenly not a better player than Nash is....Not in a million years.2 MVPs and future first ballot HoF. One of the best PGs/shooters ever. And Nash is a better passer
Kobe in his prime is unstoppable...I mean he can be stopped but Shump even tho he is prob. my fav. player right now has no chance...
Carmelo(who idk if he hit his prime even,we will se if he ever wins a ring) is better than Ron but All-Star Ron is one of the best ever on-ball defenders
And Tyson even tho I love him to death han no chance against the monster that D12 is...Come on you can't be serious...
And Amar'e in his prime is not better than Pau in his prime who was more versitale and without him the repeat of the Lakers would never happen...

Yes I don't know what he's saying, I didn't know containing Kobe to 34 points was slowing him down and also he acts like Iman and Ron are pretty much the same players in their prime. Also since Chandler has been with the Mavericks he has only out rebounded Dwight 2/7 times and outscored him once, in this matchup Dwight>Chandler, just because Chandler shuts him down doesnt mean he out produces him.

#44 ONLINE   TP9

TP9

• Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Lakers will have 0 chemistry. they will be arguing on the court and only Metta will be the perimeter defender.

tumblr_mozanu36GM1rj92lao1_500.gif

#45 ONLINE   TP9

TP9

• Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

IMO the Knicks have the best team. seems like people are forgetting how good Sheed was in his prime.

PG: Kidd
SG: Shumpert
SF: Melo
PF: Stat
C: Tyson

Bench:
Jr Smith
Rasheed Wallace
Marcus Camby
Kurt Thomas
Ronnie Brewer

tumblr_mozanu36GM1rj92lao1_500.gif

#46 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

WHAAAAT???

Kidd averaged 6.3 RPG for his career, and is 2nd in All-Time Steals & Assists. And you're telling me 2 MVP awards make a better player? Kobe is Kobe, but Shump won't do bad in guarding him. Artest will slow down Melo, but he can't stop him from having his way. STAT in 2010-11 was a better player than Gasol at any point in his career. Gasol would only post-up & play better defense, but he didn't shoot the mid-range jumper or attack the basket like STAT. Tyson has shut-down a prime Duncan (who has a far superior offensive game than D12) in a playoff series before, and D12 also for the past 3 seasons. What makes you think he can't do it again?

Forget the starting lineups, the Knicks bench (Felton, Smith, Brewer, Wallace, & Camby) will obliterate the Laker bench.

dxmuN.jpg

#47 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Kidd averaged 6.3 RPG for his career, and is 2nd in All-Time Steals & Assists. And you're telling me 2 MVP awards make a better player? Kobe is Kobe, but Shump won't do bad in guarding him. Artest will slow down Melo, but he can't stop him from having his way. STAT in 2010-11 was a better player than Gasol at any point in his career. Gasol would only post-up & play better defense, but he didn't shoot the mid-range jumper or attack the basket like STAT. Tyson has shut-down a prime Duncan (who has a far superior offensive game than D12) in a playoff series before, and D12 also for the past 3 seasons. What makes you think he can't do it again?

Forget the starting lineups, the Knicks bench (Felton, Smith, Brewer, Wallace, & Camby) will obliterate the Laker bench.

Nash is a better player than Kidd it is just that simple...We even had a poll on it at HN and Nash won both in the poll and the reply-ers were more for Nash...only thing where Kidd is better is D...And you don't need rebounds when you have D12 and Gasol...Kobe would destroy Shump...He wouldn't have a chance and IMO All-Star W.Peace would contain Melo more than enough...Gasol is a better all-around player than STAT(who is better only in athleticism and that is it)...And Chandler vs. Duncan think you can checke it yourself : http://www.basketbal...01&p2=chandty01
He would not be able to hold D12 on offense....And yes they have a killer bench but the Lakers have a decent one too...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#48 OFFLINE   Jay

Jay

On The Rise

• Members
  • 19,379 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

The Lakers would not win because they still have D'Antoni as their coach

Only if we have a Prime Jerry Buss also than Phil would be our coach.

rsz_shraddha-kapoor-eyes.jpg

#49 OFFLINE   Raza 10

Raza 10

Purrrr

• Members
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

No love for Miami?

Lebron probably is in his prime right now and I can't find a flaw in his game. He's the best player in the world. Dwyane Wade in his prime was a phenomenal 30 point scorer as well as a good passer and one of the top defenders in the league. Chris Bosh in his prime was an easy 20/10 player and could score from anywhere in the post. Ray Allen used to average 25 points a game and was a top three point shooter. Rashard Lewis also used to drop 20 a game and was a premier catch and shoot player. Shane Battier was one of the best, if not the best perimeter defender in the NBA in his days and was also a three point threat. Mike Miller used to be a 13-19 PPG player and also was a premier three point shooter. How is a team with five 20+ point scorers, three lockdown defenders, three or four players you need to double team WITH three of the best three point shooters in the league not in the situation?

I'm also gonna throw Dallas out there..OJ Mayo right now with a prime Dirk, Vince Carter, Chris Kaman, Elton Brand, Shawn Marion...not the best team in their prime but certainly no pushovers.
  • Charles likes this

#50 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Nash is a better player than Kidd it is just that simple...We even had a poll on it at HN and Nash won both in the poll and the reply-ers were more for Nash...only thing where Kidd is better is D...And you don't need rebounds when you have D12 and Gasol...Kobe would destroy Shump...He wouldn't have a chance and IMO All-Star W.Peace would contain Melo more than enough...Gasol is a better all-around player than STAT(who is better only in athleticism and that is it)...And Chandler vs. Duncan think you can checke it yourself : http://www.basketbal...01&p2=chandty01
He would not be able to hold D12 on offense....And yes they have a killer bench but the Lakers have a decent one too...

Doesn't matter what the polls say. Kidd is a better All-Around player than Nash plain & simple. Artest won't be containing Melo. Amar'e just isn't more athletic than Gasol, he shoots the mid-range jumper & attacks the basket better than him. Gasol only has a better post game & defense. You seem to underestimate Shump & Tyson, but there's no point in arguing with you about it. :smh:

dxmuN.jpg

#51 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Doesn't matter what the polls say. Kidd is a better All-Around player than Nash plain & simple. Artest won't be containing Melo. Amar'e just isn't more athletic than Gasol, he shoots the mid-range jumper & attacks the basket better than him. Gasol only has a better post game & defense. You seem to underestimate Shump & Tyson, but there's no point in arguing with you about it. :smh:

Kidd is not a better player than Nash..most of the users on the forum agree,Nash is better and you don't accept it. Artest won't contain Melo???,no facts no nothing but you say Shump(weaker def. than All-Star Metta) will contain Kobe(better than Melo). Gasol has a better jumper than STAT,he even makes 3s. And yes STAT is better than Gasol at attacking the rim but just because of his athleticism,he developed some kind of footwork later...You have no real facts and I put plenty and you just won't agree because you can see that you ar just a bias fanboy... :no:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#52 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Kidd is not a better player than Nash..most of the users on the forum agree,Nash is better and you don't accept it. Artest won't contain Melo???,no facts no nothing but you say Shump(weaker def. than All-Star Metta) will contain Kobe(better than Melo). Gasol has a better jumper than STAT,he even makes 3s. And yes STAT is better than Gasol at attacking the rim but just because of his athleticism,he developed some kind of footwork later...You have no real facts and I put plenty and you just won't agree because you can see that you ar just a bias fanboy... :no:

​1. Kidd being better than Nash is my opinion. Even before he was a Knick.
2. Kobe is the closest player to Jordan. But don't you think Shump will bother Kobe at least a little?
3. Melo is a offensive beast. Artest was a defensive beast. It'll be hard for Melo to score, but it won't stop him.
4. About STAT & Gasol, you have your opinion, and I have mine.
5. IMO, Tyson is fundamentally a better defender than D12. D12 is better offensively because of his athleticism.

I hope this will be the end of our discussion. :biggrin:

dxmuN.jpg

#53 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

​1. Kidd being better than Nash is my opinion. Even before he was a Knick.
2. Kobe is the closest player to Jordan. But don't you think Shump will bother Kobe at least a little?
3. Melo is a offensive beast. Artest was a defensive beast. It'll be hard for Melo to score, but it won't stop him.
4. About STAT & Gasol, you have your opinion, and I have mine.
5. IMO, Tyson is fundamentally a better defender than D12. D12 is better offensively because of his athleticism.

I hope this will be the end of our discussion. :biggrin:

Suit yourself...I don't really care...I mean I tried to prove it with facts and everything and you threw out nothing but your opinions and no facts...but Im cool wih it

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#54 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Suit yourself...I don't really care...I mean I tried to prove it with facts and everything and you threw out nothing but your opinions and no facts...but Im cool wih it

Kidd being 2nd in All-Time Assists & Steals is a fact. So is Kidd's 6.3 RPG. Anyway, forget it.

dxmuN.jpg

#55 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Kidd being 2nd in All-Time Assists & Steals is a fact. So is Kidd's 6.3 RPG. Anyway, forget it.

He is 2nd all-time but him and Nash avg. almoast the same per game(while in the playoffs the gap reduces in Nash's favour) and Kidd playes 2 yrs longer then Nash and Nash is not far behind and he is fully capable...But Nash is a better scorer than Kidd which also reduces his ast. at least a lil' bit...

And Kidd also is third all-time turnovers while Nash is 12th...Even tho he played less games that is a huge difference...

Nash is also a more creative player...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#56 OFFLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring

=W=

• Members
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Nash is better at passing and shooting and Kidd is close to him on passing but is way better at defense and rebounding

#57 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

:: Legendary ::

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

@Raza 10 could be onto something.

I'm thinking the Knicks would be the best, mainly because of the bench depth. I would be starting Rasheed over Amare, in my opinion he was better than Amare in his prime.
Camby won a DPOY, didn't he? He was a really good player back when he was with Denver.

Plus, we don't know how good Shumpert is really going to be in his prime, he might end up being one of the best lockdown defenders in history... or he could just be a good player... :P
HERO BALL

#58 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

My take:

Kidd > Nash 

Kobe > all 

Artest > Melo 

Pau = Sheed/Amar'e 

D12 > Chandler 

Knicks bench >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lakers bench. 

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#59 ONLINE   Wolves United

Wolves United

BALOTELLI

• HN Journalists
  • 5,806 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

The Lakers starting 5 is the best without question but what do they have on the bench? Nothing of any note.

Heat? Well like I say LeBron, Allen and Wade. What else?

I think the Celtics would beat the Heat as well. Their 4 would beat the Heat's 3 I reckon.

If the Mavs had a PG then they would be very interesting as a starting 5.

Eastern Finals:

Knicks v Celtics

Western Finals

Lakers v Spurs

Take your pick after that but I'd say depth wise there's not a team that could come close to NY

Ummm the Lakers would have a prime Antwan Jamison off the bench who was an all star
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users