• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nowitzness

Nowitzness

Snipers rule

• Members
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Ok so i am giving articles trys again. After reading up on ballparks I will make my list of top 5 MLB hitters parks.

5. U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago White Sox
u.s._cellular.jpg
This wasant always a hitters park. But then one thing led to another. Following the 2000 season the left field fence was moved from 347 to 330 and the right field fence 347 to 335. The result a hitters dream for baseball. Numbers at this park have shot up ever since the move. This is why I prefer wrigley field.

4. New Yankees Stadium
128363166_display_image.jpg?1334207472
i hate the yankees. But I love when the rangers play here. Even the worst scoring team in the league could post runs here. The really short walls in right (318) and short left field (318) left field. This park is easy for hitters to knock one out of the park. There is also a jetstream that often can push homeruns into right field that would normally be a deep flyout. The numbers might inflated by the yankees but from what I have seen from watching yankee games, the score is always high.

3. Great American Ballpark Home of the reds.
142482084_display_image.jpg?1334206450
I honestly didnt think of the reds ballpark when reading my sources but this ballpark has to be included. Very short distances down the line make this a heaven for longball hitters. Also the alleys are very deep making this a good place for doubles also. But when you have powerful guys like Bruce and votto the numbers are bound to be inflated. But most hitters well tell you they love hitting here. I guess thats why its called great american ballpark.

2. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.
142525415_display_image.jpg?1334208886
Not even lieing I dont have to read an article to know this is one of the best offensive parks in baseball. So many things factor into this stadiums power numbers. The winds always blow out. So the home runs come easy here. There is no favorites in this park. Left handed or right handed this park is a power threat for both hitters. Dimensions are also pretty low. Dry air also factors into ths parks power numbers. Another theory is that the extreme heat in texas wears down pitchers into making mistakes. Only reason this isnt number one is because the dimensions aren't very deep not allowing as many doubles. But look at the hitters texas has had in the past years. Hamilton, molina, kinsler, cruz, guerero, moreland, murphy, sosa, A-rod. I could go on forever.

1. Coors field Home of the Rockies
142616710_display_image.jpg?1334208218
I did not think I would find a better hitters park then rangers ballpark. I stand corrected. Let me ask you what is denvers nickname? The Mile High City. At this altitude the ball travels further distances due to the thin air. Thats the main theory. A humidifier system has been setup to try to limit the easy homeruns. Also the ballpark has the deepest walls in the game. Ballpark gives up the most doubles and triples in baseball today. Also the rockies havent had any good starters so that also adds to the numbers.

I hoped you baseball fans like this I took refrences from these links
http://bleacherrepor...league-baseball
http://www.billjames..._hitters_parks/
I will be doing a best pitcher friendly parks soon.

#2 OFFLINE   xK1NGxCURRY

xK1NGxCURRY

#SplashSZN

• 2,099 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

maybe just a personal opinion of mine but no Fenway? Good article btw.
For the cheese like nacho I pull up on a nigga pronto
Posted Image
GSL Warriors GM #FullSquad HNL Celtics GM #BossTown

#3 OFFLINE   SportsFan93

SportsFan93

Frank Cornelius Jr. aka THE BOAT

• Members
  • 19,584 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

No Rogers Centre (when roof open) or Chase Field? Smh

#4 OFFLINE   Ivan

Ivan

Save us TB5

• Members
  • 7,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Nice job putting the Reds there, you read my mind

tumblr_lykqq5n9mg1qe4k9m.gif vikings_cpatterson84_runningloop.gif?v=5

#5 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN

girl why u mufasa

• HN Journalists
  • 6,947 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

US Cellular, Great American Ballpark, Arlington, and of course Coors Field are all in my top five too, but I would switch up New Yankee Stadium for Fenway Park.

#6 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch

Bleed Green

• HN Journalists
  • 13,906 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Fenway is good for hitters as well. Nice article.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Nowitzness

Nowitzness

Snipers rule

• Members
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I like Fenway when I play the show because I just pull home runs to right field past pesky pole but that green monster pisses me off sometimes. And the Rogers centre would be on the list but when the roofs shut it becomes pitcher friendly

#8 OFFLINE   Ambod Lion

Ambod Lion

aka Ambodius

• Members
  • 10,223 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

maybe just a personal opinion of mine but no Fenway? Good article btw.

No Fenway, ballpark factors have disproved its a hitters' dream....it tailors to certain types of players/hitters but not just hitting a la carte
  • Nowitzness likes this
Basketball_Jones, on 31 May 2012 - 01:21 PM, said Bird in his prime was unfckwitable
Wanna read/hear my Sports takes? Go to www.gamesofinches.com

#9 OFFLINE   Amir fkn Johnson

Amir fkn Johnson

Trailblazers GM

• Banned
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

I swear New Yankee staduim should be #1 don't they have the most HR since opening.

#10 OFFLINE   Nowitzness

Nowitzness

Snipers rule

• Members
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

I swear New Yankee staduim should be #1 don't they have the most HR since opening.

Check this page. Got some decent stats. http://hittrackeronl...om/stadiums.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users