• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

:: Legendary ::

• Members
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

Sean inspired me to make a draft profile for a guy who deserves some major attention.

Posted Image

Trey Burke - 6'0, Point Guard, Michigan

Trey Burke attended High School in Columbus, Ohio, and commited to Michigan in 2010 over offers from Miami, Penn State, Nebraska, and others. Being a good friend of Jared Sullenger and since he's from Columbus, it was suprising that he was not heavily recruited by Ohio State. The 6'0 point guard was ranked as a "3-star" recruit by both Scout and Rivals, but has proved to be much more valuable. After an impressive freshman season where he displayed his elite athletism and strong shooting touch, Burke decided to remain at Michigan for his second year instead of opting to enter the NBA draft.

The sensational sophomore lead Michigan to their best start since the days of the Fab Five and has improved tremendiously from last year. If someone would have asked me to describe Trey Burke's play in a couple words, "out of control" would have came to mind. After averaging 4.6 assists / 2.8 turnovers per game in his freshman year, Burke has stepped up and is posting an amazing 7.2 assists / 1.9 turnovers. He's not just finding his teammates better, he's shooting at a higher percentage (.508 FG% / .400 3PT%) and averaging 18 ppg. If Burke can hold these numbers for the rest of the season, he will be the first Big10 player to average over 17 ppg and 7 assists since Magic Johnson.

Pros: Displays good range, ability to blow past people off the dribble, has a good handle, nice passing touch, quick feet, good on-ball defense, picks up steals.

Projected Draft Location: Lottery/just outside
NBA Comparison: Chris Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAtGlbxvuxM

• Sean and Pusha Key like this

GSL: Thunder GM || HNL: Co-Co-Co-Co Comish (nostutter)

#2 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,833 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Good read bro. Trey Burke has got a great chance at being national player of the year.

#3 OFFLINE   Pusha Key

Pusha Key

• Members
  • 13,828 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Trey Burke, Rodney Purvis, and Durand Scott are my favorite players in the NCAA
hey.

#4 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,976 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Trey Burke, Rodney Purvis, and Durand Scott are my favorite players in the NCAA

Dude plays for NC State, right?

DxhMH7n.gif

#5 OFFLINE   Pusha Key

Pusha Key

• Members
  • 13,828 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Dude plays for NC State, right?

Yeah. Hes a freshman
hey.

#6 OFFLINE   Ivan

Ivan

When you flexin it's hard to be humble

• Members
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Wow, He's from here? I never knew that. Anyway, I've watched a couple Michigan games this year and I'm very impressed with the team. Tim Hardaway Jr and Trey Burke have been beasting this year. With this combo and the nice big men Michigan has. I can totally see them making a Final 4 run this year.

#7 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

:: Legendary ::

• Members
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Good read bro. Trey Burke has got a great chance at being national player of the year.

Thanks, I agree that he has a chance. Hope he takes it home and then leads UM on a Final Four run.

GSL: Thunder GM || HNL: Co-Co-Co-Co Comish (nostutter)

#8 OFFLINE   SwIrving

SwIrving

King

• Members
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Is it just me or did you guys see this guy had game last year? I only watched him vs Ohio State and OU in the first round

1376149268-U13073.png

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

tumblr_mxxf2wVfmq1rdu9xmo1_500.gif

#9 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN

Sea Bass

• Members
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Michigan's back guys! Trey Burke, Tim Hardaway Jr., and Glenn Robinson III are just too good. I can see them playing at the Georgia Dome on April 8th.

edelman.gif?w=450&h=271

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users