51 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

POPULAR

- After Craig Hodges won the NBA All-Star Game Three-Point contest in Bird's absence, Hodges was asked if the victory was tainted because Bird hadn't participated. "He knows where he can find me," was Hodges retort. Told of Hodges' challenge, Bird replied, "Yeah, at the end of the Bulls bench."

- After Bird made four straight baskets with Rodman guarding him, he ran over to Chuck Daly and asked "who's guarding me, Chuck? Is anyone guarding me? You better get someone on me or I'm gonna go for 60." Then he'd continue the banter the next time he got the ball with Rodman inches away.

- Bird even precipitated a fight with Julius Erving by repeating a single phrase over and over. The phrase? 42-5, or the number of points each had scored during an easy Boston victory.

- Shawn Kemp was guarding Larry Bird one night. On the last three-pointer, Larry Shot in Kemp's face and he said, "I'm the best damn player from Indiana."

- "I started talking a little trash to him," Horace Grant recalled, when the Celtics were the defending champions. "I'm saying, 'You're not going to score. You're not getting this basket. I remember him then telling me exactly what he was going to do to me. He says he's going to fake me left and then he's going to shoot a right-hand hook over me. And then he goes and does it and scores."

- Heat forward Glen Rice said, "When Bird started lighting you up and talking trash, that's hard on you. It's like driving a stake through your heart."

- Dennis Rodman on Larry Bird: "I would be all over him, trying to deny him the ball, and all Larry was doing was yelling at his teammates, I'm open! Hurry up before they notice nobody is guarding me!" then he would stick an elbow in my jaw and stick the jumper in my face, then he would start in on my coach "Coach you better get this guy out and send in somebody who's going to D me up, because its too easy when I'm wide open like this"

- Knicks' forward Charles Smith remembers when Bird barked "Sorry, Charlie," as he released a long, last-second shot to win a game. "That kind of a thing makes you want to jump on a guy," said Smith.

- When the Indiana Pacers put rookie George McCloud on Bird in the closing minutes of a game, Bird yelled over to the Pacers bench, "Hey, I know you guys are desperate, but can't you find someone who at least has prayer?"

- The year after Bird greeted fellow three-point shooting contest participants by asking which one of them would finish in second place behind him, Dale Ellis told the press that Bird didn't have much to say this year. "There was no need to talk this time," Bird replied,"we all knew who was going to win."

- On a West Coast trip in 1986, Bird told the entire Dallas Mavericks bench that after the time out, Ainge would inbounds the pass to DJ, who would hit Bird in the corner where Bird would step back and take a three. "So you got that?" Bird queried the bench. "I'm gonna stand right here. I'm not going to move. They'll pass me the ball, and the next sound you here will be the ball hitting the bottom of the net." And that's exactly what happened. Bird winked at the Maverick before heading back down to the other end of the court.

- Longtime NBA radio announcer Ted Davis, now the voice of the Milwaukee Bucks, told the Milwaukee Journal the best trash talker he had seen was Larry Bird. "You never knew it because you couldn't see his lips move," he said. "He had no lips."

More on Larry Bird:

Amazing Larry Bird Performance.

1990 - Larry Bird Triple Double (17/17/13).

Larry Bird Greatest Games: Triple-Double (29/18/11) vs Nets (1990)

• Penny, celtic fan, Djoker and 22 others like this

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch

Bleed Green

• Members
  • 13,907 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

He's the biggest trash talker of all time. So e I this stuff is funny, especially the first one. :rofl:
  • Bball_Jones likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

He's the biggest trash talker of all time. So e I this stuff is funny, especially the first one. :rofl:

True lmao, trolling like a mf'er.

Must've been really hard playing against he guy, guarding him or in the 3pt contest.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   ISOMELO

ISOMELO

ANSW3R

• 5,523 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

- Longtime NBA radio announcer Ted Davis, now the voice of the Milwaukee Bucks, told the Milwaukee Journal the best trash talker he had seen was Larry Bird. "You never knew it because you couldn't see his lips move," he said. "He had no lips."

LMAO he had no lips.
Bird.jpg
  • kyrie8 likes this
tumblr_n11so4VD2Q1rdqggno1_400.giftumblr_mjmh37fgsm1ql5dzao1_400.gif

#5 OFFLINE   xK1NGxCURRY

xK1NGxCURRY

#OctoberTogether

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Anybody that ever played against him says he is the biggest trash talker of all time haha then again everyone back then trash talked so it isn't too surprising. 

For the cheese like nacho I pull up on a nigga pronto
Posted Image
GSL Warriors GM #FullSquad HNL Celtics GM #BossTown

#6 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

LMAO he had no lips.

Reggie Miller said you can't really tell when but you knew he's talking trash.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

"Larry taught me a lesson. People criticized Larry... Larry is getting old, his back is in pain... So I go out, I hit a couple of shots on him, I was like man, said a couple of words to him, next thing you know, he is shooting threes in my face, he's talking to me, he ended up with like 47 points. He taught me a lesson that regardless of who you are, how good you are, you have to bring it every night, you got to get your respect that way."

- Shawn Kemp

http://www.basketbal...8912130BOS.html

Actually it was 40 pts (11 rbs and 10 asts), Kemp was a rookie playing like 13 min though.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#8 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,547 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

That's why Bird is my 2nd fav All-Time player

• Bball_Jones likes this

#9 ONLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 27,248 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Arguably the best player to ever play this game. He was so so good, that it was funny for his opponents to even think that they have a chance with him. Larry was indeed a "Legend" in every sense of the word. 

• Bball_Jones likes this

#10 OFFLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,423 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Larry had the most unshakable confidence of any player in NBA history.  I'm confident saying that. 

• dido, Bball_Jones, Team Player and 1 other like this

#11 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• Members
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Thank you for posting. Funny AF.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Amir fkn Johnson

Amir fkn Johnson

Trailblazers GM

• Banned
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

The 2nd last one is just sad on the Mavs part.

#13 OFFLINE   Ambod Lion

Ambod Lion

aka Ambodius

• Members
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Larry had the most unshakable confidence of any player in NBA history.  I'm confident saying that. 

Yup lol, he was the absolute master of telling to exactly what he was going to do....I mean if you watch the Larry Legend video the Xavier McDaniel one is awesome. He used to just tell people this is what I'm doing and then do it, that is big f.ukkin balls

The 2nd last one is just sad on the Mavs part.

its not though, because he did that to a lot of people, a lot of teams, a lot of times. He'd say THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHAT I'M DOING and people just couldn't stop him

Basketball_Jones, on 31 May 2012 - 01:21 PM, said Bird in his prime was unfckwitable
Wanna read/hear my Sports takes? Go to www.gamesofinches.com

#14 OFFLINE   celtic fan

celtic fan

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 6,669 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

lol the D-Rod one too. I don't think anyone could guard Larry Legend one on one and succeed for 40 mins.

t02snb_jpg_medium.gif

200.gif

#15 OFFLINE   UnexpectedFlash

UnexpectedFlash

Agueroooooooooo

• Members
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

77 guests?

200.gifaguero-goal-vs-qpr-3-2-o.gif

#16 ONLINE   TGIA

TGIA

Look into my eyes, tell me what you see

• Administrators
  • 20,077 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

After Craig Hodges won the NBA All-Star Game Three-Point contest in Bird's absence, Hodges was asked if the victory was tainted because Bird hadn't participated. "He knows where he can find me," was Hodges retort. Told of Hodges' challenge, Bird replied, "Yeah, at the end of the Bulls bench."

Easily the funniest line I read....great comeback

• Penny and The Future like this

RixJyal.gif

#17 ONLINE   MaverixFan

MaverixFan

MFFL STRONG

• Members
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

148 users reading this topic? Wow

BeFunky_null_2.jpg.jpg

DALLAS MAVERICKS 2014-2015

#18 OFFLINE   UnexpectedFlash

UnexpectedFlash

Agueroooooooooo

• Members
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

As someone who is apparently "unknown" and can't run my idea. I want to make a name for my self

Trey Burke > MJ 

200.gifaguero-goal-vs-qpr-3-2-o.gif

#19 OFFLINE   KendrickLama

KendrickLama

#CavsSzn

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

I [expletive deleted] love Larry Bird.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 ONLINE   Zero Tolerance