Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Asshole NBA players

101 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've heard numerous stories about players like Kobe and MJ and why they are assholes, jerks, etc. 

Any other players you guys know of that are assholes or have asshole tendencies and stories?

Posted · Report post

Oscar Robertson to name one.

Posted · Report post

Lamar Odom steals money from charity

Makaveli likes this

Posted · Report post

Gilbert Arenas pooped in Blatche's shoe.

'Nuff said

Costel and Mbb like this

Posted · Report post

Gilbert Arenas pooped in Blatche's shoe.

'Nuff said

Gilbert did more than that lol

Diamantidis is GOAT likes this

Posted · Report post

Ron Artest

Andrew Bynum

Serge Ibaka

Nicolas Batum

Manu Ginobili

All of them are cheapshot artists, and therefore, assholes.

Posted · Report post

Stop hating the dude was a sharpshooter in his prime

I get that reference LOL

Posted · Report post

Oscar Robertson was harassed racially daily, how's he the A-hole?

Team Player likes this

Posted · Report post

Oscar Robertson was harassed racially daily, how's he the A-hole?

You could at least quote or mention me. Not saying Big O didn't go through [expletive deleted] but still as a teammate on the court, he was notorious for being an asshole. Just to quote his teammates from the article (assuming you didn't read it):

Jerry Lucas: "Oscar was a perfectionist and he'd yell at you if you messed up. Then you saw that he yelled at everyone, so you learned not to take it personally."

Zelmo Beaty: "He was such a perfectionist that I never could have lived up to his expectations. The way he'd scream at Wayne Embry: 'You dummy, catch the ball … I put the ball right in your hands, how could you drop that one?' I felt sorry for Wayne."

Wayne Embry: "Oscar was so far ahead of us humans that you could never come up to his level. But because of his greatness and what he meant to the franchise, you hated to fail him. Oscar's greatness sometimes overwhelmed Adrian Smith. [He'd] tell Oscar, 'Please, O, you know I'm trying, I really am. You gotta believe me, O.' "

Posted · Report post

Ron Artest

Andrew Bynum

Serge Ibaka

Nicolas Batum

Manu Ginobili

All of them are cheapshot artists, and therefore, assholes.

How is Ron Artest an asshole? He's one of the nicest guys off the court ever in the NBA tbh

Posted · Report post

How is Ron Artest an asshole? He's one of the nicest guys off the court ever in the NBA tbh

He punched a fan.

He elbowed James Harden..

On court asshole.

sm30 likes this

Posted · Report post

How is Ron Artest an asshole?

.______________________.

:smh:

DannyAingeHateClub likes this

Posted · Report post

Nah one day I went to a Lakers game and when I passed by him he bumped my shoulder so hard that I fell.

And broke my neck.

Posted · Report post

How is Ron Artest an asshole?..LMAO 

TeoTheGreek13 likes this

Posted · Report post

Maybe Jordan...

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

"I hate being out there with those garbage men. They don't get you the ball."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate 

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Purdue 

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his **** into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one 

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility"

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine 

"Do you see what I have to play with? 21 feet of shit"

...lol!

Artest

Bynum

Kobe

J. O'Neal

Cousins

Granger

Wade

etc

etc

etc

TGIA, The Future and Mr. Smiley like this

Posted · Report post

He routinely gives away tickets. He interacts with fans all the time on twitter. I've heard about him just setting up a football game randomly on the beach just to interact with fans. He raffled off one of his championship rings for charity. He's a huge mental health advocate. He's given away hundreds of thousands of dollars to charity. He's done more than most NBA players will ever do for the community. Yes, he's made a lot of mistakes. No way he's an asshole though. On court, he is a tough player, yes. But that's how basketball is played where he grew up that's how he learned to play the game.

He broke my neck.

JBars likes this

Posted · Report post

He's a huge mental health advocate.

How ironic.

And you rattle those things off like we should ignore the fact that he ruthlessly, and completely intentionally threw the hardest elbow he could into the back of another player's head, and in a separate incident he disgraced the entire league in the most vicious and violent outburst the NBA had ever seen.

I bet you think we should believe that convicted murderers are good guys too if they've spent 50 years in prison and have done 10,000 hours of community service.

Once an asshole, always an asshole.  He has most assuredly not learned the errors of his ways.

Truth34 and Mirrors like this

Posted · Report post

Dwayne Wade...

Posted · Report post

How ironic.

And you rattle those things off like we should ignore the fact that he ruthlessly, and completely intentionally threw the hardest elbow he could into the back of another player's head, and in a separate incident he disgraced the entire league in the most vicious and violent outburst the NBA had ever seen.

I bet you think we should believe that convicted murderers are good guys too if they've spent 50 years in prison and have done 10,000 hours of community service.

Once an asshole, always an asshole.  He has most assuredly not learned the errors of his ways.

Oh yeah? And he was suspended for those events and was punished accordingly. He served out his punishment and lost ~$7m. If he didn't learn the error of his ways, I'd be completely surprised. Plus, I like how you left out the fact that he was egged on by a fan who threw a cup of liquid at him. What about the other players suspended in that incident? Without googling them, who are they? Why did you not include them in this thread? If they were "convicted" also, why didn't you think to include them? "Once an asshole, always an asshole" right?

And you know what, you're completely wrong when you say "I bet you think we should believe that convicted murderers are good guys too if they've spent 50 years in prison and have done 10,000 hours of community service." First of all, a convicted murderer wouldn't be doing 10,000 hours of community service. Community service is given to people in plea deals for lesser charges in order to stay out of prison. Second of all, I wouldn't know whether or not if they're good guys. Many "convicted murderers" have been exonerated based on DNA evidence looked at after the fact. But, I guess they're all assholes right, since they're convicted. Lastly, that has nothing to do with Ron Artest. Murder and a few fights are two completely different beasts. Many people get into fights. Yes, his was on a public stage. But haven't you ever gotten into a few fights before? That doesn't make you or him a bad person. Plus, if some of these flagrant fouls in the NBA were committed in public they'd be considered assault anyways. It's a game. Tempers get flared. The players accept that risk by signing those contracts. That's the way the game is, whether or not you like it.

Posted · Report post

He has most assuredly not learned the errors of his ways.

How ironic that you say this.

Regardless this isn't a philosophic discussion, we're not going to debate whether or not human beings are creatures who mean well but are fated to do ill-willed things, I think MWP is someone who does a lot of good, but like most of us is not perfect. 

You shouldn't write off mental health advocates as bad people when you obviously have no dealings with them. Based on what you said you seem to have a sheltered, ignorant view of that community. Save us your uninformed opinion on it and stop talking about it, please and thank you.