• Please log in to reply
1240 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   TrustedDegree4

TrustedDegree4

Trusted Only Speaks The Truth

• HN Members
  • 14,119 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

I'm making a scoring SG that 6'6 beast gonna make him after kobe and MJ. But I won't to go to a team that needs a SG or that is doing terrible. Don't want to go to OKC because that is too easy was thinking Bos Celtics. Can anyone tell me any more team that would be good for a SG.

tumblr_mr84fb7FUS1rl2e8ho1_400.gif

giphy.gif

#22 ONLINE   TrustedDegree4

TrustedDegree4

• HN Members
  • 14,119 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

When I get 2k14 the first thing I'm doing is just playing mycareer and starting the crew just to get my dude stats and attributes. Ima get MY dude attribute up legit. Not sure If to play Superstar or HOF and Ima play on 12 min quarters

giphy.gif

#23 OFFLINE   So Steezyy

So Steezyy

PSN: So_Steezyyy

• HN Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Got drafted by the Nets, didn't try my best in the rookie showcase, wanted to go to the Pacers but I think I did a little to good. 

#24 ONLINE   TrustedDegree4

TrustedDegree4

• HN Members
  • 14,119 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Got drafted by the Nets, didn't try my best in the rookie showcase, wanted to go to the Pacers but I think I did a little to good.

dam what was your pick and what position

giphy.gif

#25 OFFLINE   So Steezyy

So Steezyy

• HN Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Does your height affect your attribute caps? I made a athletic PG and he is 6' 4". His speed cap is 92, I thought for athletic PGs the cap would be 99. 

#26 ONLINE   TrustedDegree4

TrustedDegree4

• HN Members
  • 14,119 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Does your height affect your attribute caps? I made a athletic PG and he is 6' 4". His speed cap is 92, I thought for athletic PGs the cap would be 99.

no your height helps with defense imo but your speed should cap at 99

giphy.gif

#27 OFFLINE   Zero Tolerance

Zero Tolerance

y u do dis

• HN Members
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Wow! Drafted 2nd overall with

24/11/4 with 6 steals, 1 block, 3 turnovers shooting 55% from the field. Athletic 6"3' 185

HNL: Suns GM, GSL: Pacers GM

Posted Image

#28 OFFLINE   ToastedNarwhal

ToastedNarwhal

Bring back the Sonics!

• HN Members
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Wow..it is really hard to score as an athletic SF. Only had 10 points in the rookie showcase.

BoP7Glg.gif

http://www.muthead.c...66-99-ovr-md-pr

PSN/GT- Toasted Narwhal

#29 ONLINE   Mbb

Mbb

Spoiler Alert

• 10,953 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Looks people are so engrossed with MyTeam they haven't really gotten to MyCareer yet.

wqV095n.gifswaggyp.png

#30 OFFLINE   ToastedNarwhal

ToastedNarwhal

Bring back the Sonics!

• HN Members
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Looks people are so engrossed with MyTeam they haven't really gotten to MyCareer yet.

I haven't touched My Team. I got $20 to spend on VC though..so I'll have to open packs soon.

BoP7Glg.gif

http://www.muthead.c...66-99-ovr-md-pr

PSN/GT- Toasted Narwhal

#31 OFFLINE   NightWing195

NightWing195

Mr. Splash Man

• HN Members
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

For you people who have started my career what team did you get drafted to and what position are you? I'm an All-Around PG 6'2 and I'm on the 76ers. I'm gonna have to carry this team because our highest overall is Thaddeus Young with a 79 lol
Console- PS4
MUT 25 Lineup- http://www.muthead.c...78-nightwing195
NBA 2K14 Lineup- PG- Magic Johnson SG- Michael Jordan SF- Scottie Pippen PF- Larry Johnson C- Wilt Chamberlain.
6th Man- Julius Erving.

#32 OFFLINE   UnexpectedFlash

UnexpectedFlash

I Taught Yeezy

• HN Members
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Starting all my 2k14 thingies tomorrow (myTeam, myCareer, maybe an association).

2k10:I made a 6'6 beastly SG. Had great shooting, incredible hops and good D. But my [expletive deleted] game broke like 5 months before 2k11 dropped.

2k11:Made a 6'4 SG with the same skills as the previous, with just better shooting I think. Thankfully that game didn't freeze. Got through 2 1/2 seasons of that.

2k12: Skipped 2k12

2k13:Made a 6'3 PG. Who imo is the best out of the three I've ever made. 

This here I think I will move away from the guard position. I will probably make a PF.

Not a traditional PF tho. A PF with Blake Griffin athletics, Kevin Love shooting, and Tim Duncan (well not Tim Duncan status but I couldn't think of anyone else lol) post game.

I think I want my guy to play for the Jazz, me and Trey Burke the GOAT would be a deadly pick and rolll, pick and pop, pick and fade combo.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 OFFLINE   NightWing195

NightWing195

Mr. Splash Man

• HN Members
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Starting all my 2k14 thingies tomorrow (myTeam, myCareer, maybe an association).

2k10:I made a 6'6 beastly SG. Had great shooting, incredible hops and good D. But my [expletive deleted] game broke like 5 months before 2k11 dropped.

2k11:Made a 6'4 SG with the same skills as the previous, with just better shooting I think. Thankfully that game didn't freeze. Got through 2 1/2 seasons of that.

2k12: Skipped 2k12

2k13:Made a 6'3 PG. Who imo is the best out of the three I've ever made. 

This here I think I will move away from the guard position. I will probably make a PF.

Not a traditional PF tho. A PF with Blake Griffin athletics, Kevin Love shooting, and Tim Duncan (well not Tim Duncan status but I couldn't think of anyone else lol) post game.

I think I want my guy to play for the Jazz, me and Trey Burke the GOAT would be a deadly pick and rolll, pick and pop, pick and fade combo.

That's a good idea, the Jazz do have a future star in Derrick Favors, but he could play center.
Console- PS4
NBA 2K14 Lineup- PG- Magic Johnson SG- Michael Jordan SF- Scottie Pippen PF- Larry Johnson C- Wilt Chamberlain.
6th Man- Julius Erving.

#34 OFFLINE   zigzagzigallah

zigzagzigallah

DON'T BE SCARED, HOMIE

• 5,193 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

I went 11th overall to Philly, I didn't care in the showcase either because I wasn't even sure I was going to keep the player at the time, finished with 12 points, 5 rebounds & 2 blocks.

I know height used to effect attribute caps and initial skill points, wonder if they brought it back, literally haven't checked or touched mycareer after finishing the showcase-

if height effecting attribute caps is the case, my 7'2" athletic center might need to become a 6'11" athletic center.

• So Steezyy likes this

#35 OFFLINE   UnexpectedFlash

UnexpectedFlash

I Taught Yeezy

• HN Members
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

That's a good idea, the Jazz do have a future star in Derrick Favors, but he could play center.

[expletive deleted] Favors lol.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 OFFLINE   So Steezyy

So Steezyy

• HN Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

I went 11th overall to Philly, I didn't care in the showcase either because I wasn't even sure I was going to keep the player at the time, finished with 12 points, 5 rebounds & 2 blocks.

I know height used to effect attribute caps and initial skill points, wonder if they brought it back, literally haven't checked or touched mycareer after finishing the showcase-

if height effecting attribute caps is the case, my 7'2" athletic center might need to become a 6'11" athletic center.

I found out the 2k tried to make myCareer have more realistic stats so a lot of things that used to be capped at 99 are now capped at 92. Makes no sense because Athletic PGs should be able to have a higher speed than 92.

#37 OFFLINE   Impulse_3

Impulse_3

"Money so tall, all the britches wanna fall"

• HN Members
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

I made a 6'4'', 6'6'' and 6'7'' athletic. All their caps are 92. It's stupid as hell.

I don't like how it's the same shit each year. What they should do is add the Combine in it. Then it would be awesome. The only thing different to me is the gameplay. It's much more crisp. I noticed a lot of the little things they did to improve it. Stealing is OP in the game overall though.

I got picked 8th to the Pistons.

Xbox One Lineup: Penny/Magic/Logo, MJ/S.Jones/Answer, Clyde/Nique, Russell/Cummings, Dream/Shaq 4th seed record: 3-1 (started over)

FINALLY GOT CLYDE THE GLYDE DREXLER ON MYTEAM!!!!!!!!!!<p>

#38 OFFLINE   NightWing195

NightWing195

Mr. Splash Man

• HN Members
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

[expletive deleted] Favors lol.

Lol with @UnexpectedFlash on the team ain't nobody got playing time for Favors

I found out the 2k tried to make myCareer have more realistic stats so a lot of things that used to be capped at 99 are now capped at 92. Makes no sense because Athletic PGs should be able to have a higher speed than 92.

Great I'm all around what's my speed gonna be 85? Because I wanted at least a 90
  • UnexpectedFlash likes this
Console- PS4
6th Man- Julius Erving.

#39 OFFLINE   zigzagzigallah

zigzagzigallah

DON'T BE SCARED, HOMIE

• 5,193 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

I made a 6'4'', 6'6'' and 6'7'' athletic. All their caps are 92. It's stupid as hell.

DAMN!

I mean... I see what they're trying to do, balancing, keeping it realistic, no OP god-like players-

but that falls short because they're basically saying no matter what you do, NBA players will have unavoidable advantages on you, they're basically saying you can't be an elite athlete like Rose, Rondo, Wall, Westbrook etc.

I'll need to do some more digging and messing around before I go full in on MyCareer, might legitimately need to change my height now-

considering both of you made 6'4" your shortest height, maybe 92 is the speed cap at that height range? maybe a 6'0" guard is different.

#40 OFFLINE   So Steezyy

So Steezyy

• HN Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

DAMN!

I mean... I see what they're trying to do, balancing, keeping it realistic, no OP god-like players-

but that falls short because they're basically saying no matter what you do, NBA players will have unavoidable advantages on you, they're basically saying you can't be an elite athlete like Rose, Rondo, Wall, Westbrook etc.

I'll need to do some more digging and messing around before I go full in on MyCareer, might legitimately need to change my height now-

considering both of you made 6'4" your shortest height, maybe 92 is the speed cap at that height range? maybe a 6'0" guard is different.

Don't think so, I looked at the myCareer thread on OS and lots of people were saying that a lot of things that used to be capped at 99 are now capped at 92. Athletic SFs were complaining about how their dunk rating is capped at 92 and I saw other positions saying similar things. 

• zigzagzigallah likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users