Official NBA 2k15 MyCareer Thread

1,776 posts in this topic

Posted

Does your height affect your attribute caps? I made a athletic PG and he is 6' 4". His speed cap is 92, I thought for athletic PGs the cap would be 99.

no your height helps with defense imo but your speed should cap at 99

Posted

Wow! Drafted 2nd overall with

24/11/4 with 6 steals, 1 block, 3 turnovers shooting 55% from the field. Athletic 6"3' 185

Posted

Wow..it is really hard to score as an athletic SF. Only had 10 points in the rookie showcase.

Posted

Looks people are so engrossed with MyTeam they haven't really gotten to MyCareer yet.

Posted

Looks people are so engrossed with MyTeam they haven't really gotten to MyCareer yet.

I haven't touched My Team. I got $20 to spend on VC though..so I'll have to open packs soon.

Posted

For you people who have started my career what team did you get drafted to and what position are you? I'm an All-Around PG 6'2 and I'm on the 76ers. I'm gonna have to carry this team because our highest overall is Thaddeus Young with a 79 lol

Posted

Starting all my 2k14 thingies tomorrow (myTeam, myCareer, maybe an association).

2k10:I made a 6'6 beastly SG. Had great shooting, incredible hops and good D. But my [expletive deleted] game broke like 5 months before 2k11 dropped.

2k11:Made a 6'4 SG with the same skills as the previous, with just better shooting I think. Thankfully that game didn't freeze. Got through 2 1/2 seasons of that.

2k12: Skipped 2k12

2k13:Made a 6'3 PG. Who imo is the best out of the three I've ever made. 

This here I think I will move away from the guard position. I will probably make a PF.

Not a traditional PF tho. A PF with Blake Griffin athletics, Kevin Love shooting, and Tim Duncan (well not Tim Duncan status but I couldn't think of anyone else lol) post game.

I think I want my guy to play for the Jazz, me and Trey Burke the GOAT would be a deadly pick and rolll, pick and pop, pick and fade combo.

Posted

Starting all my 2k14 thingies tomorrow (myTeam, myCareer, maybe an association).

2k10:I made a 6'6 beastly SG. Had great shooting, incredible hops and good D. But my [expletive deleted] game broke like 5 months before 2k11 dropped.

2k11:Made a 6'4 SG with the same skills as the previous, with just better shooting I think. Thankfully that game didn't freeze. Got through 2 1/2 seasons of that.

2k12: Skipped 2k12

2k13:Made a 6'3 PG. Who imo is the best out of the three I've ever made. 

This here I think I will move away from the guard position. I will probably make a PF.

Not a traditional PF tho. A PF with Blake Griffin athletics, Kevin Love shooting, and Tim Duncan (well not Tim Duncan status but I couldn't think of anyone else lol) post game.

I think I want my guy to play for the Jazz, me and Trey Burke the GOAT would be a deadly pick and rolll, pick and pop, pick and fade combo.

That's a good idea, the Jazz do have a future star in Derrick Favors, but he could play center.

Posted

Got drafted by the Nets, didn't try my best in the rookie showcase, wanted to go to the Pacers but I think I did a little to good. 

I went 11th overall to Philly, I didn't care in the showcase either because I wasn't even sure I was going to keep the player at the time, finished with 12 points, 5 rebounds & 2 blocks.

Does your height affect your attribute caps? I made a athletic PG and he is 6' 4". His speed cap is 92, I thought for athletic PGs the cap would be 99. 

I know height used to effect attribute caps and initial skill points, wonder if they brought it back, literally haven't checked or touched mycareer after finishing the showcase-

if height effecting attribute caps is the case, my 7'2" athletic center might need to become a 6'11" athletic center.

So Steezyy likes this

Posted

That's a good idea, the Jazz do have a future star in Derrick Favors, but he could play center.

[expletive deleted] Favors lol.

Posted

I went 11th overall to Philly, I didn't care in the showcase either because I wasn't even sure I was going to keep the player at the time, finished with 12 points, 5 rebounds & 2 blocks.

I know height used to effect attribute caps and initial skill points, wonder if they brought it back, literally haven't checked or touched mycareer after finishing the showcase-

if height effecting attribute caps is the case, my 7'2" athletic center might need to become a 6'11" athletic center.

I found out the 2k tried to make myCareer have more realistic stats so a lot of things that used to be capped at 99 are now capped at 92. Makes no sense because Athletic PGs should be able to have a higher speed than 92.

Posted

I made a 6'4'', 6'6'' and 6'7'' athletic. All their caps are 92. It's stupid as hell.

I don't like how it's the same shit each year. What they should do is add the Combine in it. Then it would be awesome. The only thing different to me is the gameplay. It's much more crisp. I noticed a lot of the little things they did to improve it. Stealing is OP in the game overall though.

I got picked 8th to the Pistons.

Posted

[expletive deleted] Favors lol.

Lol with @UnexpectedFlash on the team ain't nobody got playing time for Favors

I found out the 2k tried to make myCareer have more realistic stats so a lot of things that used to be capped at 99 are now capped at 92. Makes no sense because Athletic PGs should be able to have a higher speed than 92.

Great I'm all around what's my speed gonna be 85? Because I wanted at least a 90
UnexpectedFlash likes this

Posted

I made a 6'4'', 6'6'' and 6'7'' athletic. All their caps are 92. It's stupid as hell.

DAMN!

I mean... I see what they're trying to do, balancing, keeping it realistic, no OP god-like players-

but that falls short because they're basically saying no matter what you do, NBA players will have unavoidable advantages on you, they're basically saying you can't be an elite athlete like Rose, Rondo, Wall, Westbrook etc.

I'll need to do some more digging and messing around before I go full in on MyCareer, might legitimately need to change my height now-

considering both of you made 6'4" your shortest height, maybe 92 is the speed cap at that height range? maybe a 6'0" guard is different.

Posted

DAMN!

I mean... I see what they're trying to do, balancing, keeping it realistic, no OP god-like players-

but that falls short because they're basically saying no matter what you do, NBA players will have unavoidable advantages on you, they're basically saying you can't be an elite athlete like Rose, Rondo, Wall, Westbrook etc.

I'll need to do some more digging and messing around before I go full in on MyCareer, might legitimately need to change my height now-

considering both of you made 6'4" your shortest height, maybe 92 is the speed cap at that height range? maybe a 6'0" guard is different.

Don't think so, I looked at the myCareer thread on OS and lots of people were saying that a lot of things that used to be capped at 99 are now capped at 92. Athletic SFs were complaining about how their dunk rating is capped at 92 and I saw other positions saying similar things. 

zigzagzigallah likes this

Posted

DAMN!

Smoove's guard is 6'1'', we'll have to see what his attribute for speed maxes out at.

Posted

So since no one answered this morning, is it confirmed that Pippen is in myteam? Has anyone seen a pic?

Posted

There are a couple things I wish they would add in the game to make myCareer a little more fun. 

1. Free Roam Mode

Now I'm not talking GTA V go kill hookers and cops shit. I'm saying maybe we could outside our house,apartment, etc and go around the city. Maybe drive in a car, talk to the fans, sign autographs, stuff like that. And what would be even cooler to add to that would be when you drive to the local court in your city (blacktop court) it changes into blacktop mode. Or if you chose to go to your team's facility it turns into practice/shootaround mode. 

I know we've asked for this before but I still yearn for it. 

This could even be a 10$ DLC thing. 

2. More endorcements, and Agent, etc.

2k did a good thing in giving us a shoe deal, magazine covers, etc. But it's time to step it up a notch and take it the next level. 

Give use the option to get an agent. Like when you first come into the league, you are given a choice of some of the average agents, but as you gain success and popluarity in the league you can choose to fire your old agent and get a more expensive, but better one. 

Giving us this would this open bigger doors to the possibilities of more endorsements. I mean seriously, I know the stars of the NBA have more than a billboard and a few magazine covers. We should be able to get offers from brands to endorse their product(s) and the option to accept and deny. And the bigger the endorsement, the more coins you make off that endorsement. 

Another thing I want to add is the better the agent you get, the more vc you have to pay. Which is a way to make things fair.

3. Make it Lifelike

What I mean by this is have the option to buy an apartment when you first get into the league. And as you make more money and become more of a star you can get the option(s) to buy a condo, a house, and finally a mansion. 

The option to buy a car also. Now I don't mean go out and buy a Lambo or something, but have the option to buy a (going from lowest cost to highest cost) standard car, truck, SUV, sportscar, smartcar, Luxury car (Lambo, Bentley type cars) and Luxury trucks (Hummers, Range Rovers, etc)

These things could make this mode 10x more fun and not get boring after one season

NightWing195 likes this

Posted

Pretty sure ill be making an athletic PG. I want him to be big(ger). Contemplating going 6'2"-6'4" or going 6'6"-6'7" to have a Penny type PG.

Posted

I know yall think this is minor, I know it is. So I'm asking can you guys change the type of socks you wear? I have calf sleeves but when I put em on, the socks show through the calf sleeves it's horrible. I want to look like JR Smith or Westbrook.

Posted

Lol sorry for posting myteam stuff in here earlier. Was in the wrong thread and didn't realize. Lol

Posted

@UnexpectedFlash

I like all your ideas but 2k should take out VC and go back to SP. Bring it back to 2k11 days where your dude is suppose to be a 2nd round pick and be in the low 40 or 39 overall. They should bring back the summer league cause that was fun and draft combine too. They should have the D-league back too. The stuff with agents and endorsement they should have the money system that was in 2k12 but where you could sign and negotiate for more money. I like the free roam idea and stuff but add more like you could go to the store and buy accessories and stuff. That free roam is gonna be hard to pull of because they are gonna have to make every city which would take a while for them to do in a year.

Posted

[expletive deleted] this game man I ask for a trade the Knicks, Bulls or Lakers and they trade me to the [expletive deleted] Timberwolves

Posted

[expletive deleted] this game man I ask for a trade the Knicks, Bulls or Lakers and they trade me to the [expletive deleted] Timberwolves

lmao 2k problems

Posted

trololol